OSLO, NORWAY – In response to a growing demand for solo travel, sustainable luxury travel curator Up Norway is launching new transformative journeys geared toward solo travelers. Not only is Norway among the top 25 safest countries in the world, it is also one of the top 10 happiest countries in the world, making it an ideal destination for solo travel. As travel curators and local insiders, Up Norway designs bespoke itineraries tailored to an individual’s preference, from luxury and self-wellness to nature and adventure. A highlight of travel with Up Norway is their digital itinerary application where travelers can find all their travel details, personalized recommendations, and best of all, a 24-hour direct chat to access the Up Norway team with any questions. The following transformative journeys are a few suggestions from Up Norway for solo travelers in 2023:
- Self Reflection in Nature - This 10-day journey caters to travelers seeking a rejuvenating break while experiencing Norway’s legendary spectacular fjord, mountain and coastal landscapes. The sustainable itinerary offers the perfect trip for recharging with stunning and ever changing surroundings, and provides time for self reflection with quality downtime throughout the itinerary.
- Fully Tailored Hiking Itinerary for the Adventurer - Up Norway can design a journey with adventure integrated into every aspect of the trip, including the lodging. These unique fully serviced cabins, lodges and iconic designer houses provide the perfect base for outdoor adventures off the grid.
- Regeneration Among Visionary Entrepreneurs - While all of Up Norway’s journeys enrich and inspire travelers to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of people around them and for the planet, this journey focuses on places that are run on regenerative principles. All of the locations, especially Marmelkroken Guest House, Skåbu Mountain Lodge & BesteBakken, featured within the journey are run by visionary entrepreneurs and hosts who genuinely want to share their thoughts with like minded people.
- A Solo Birdwatcher’s Paradise - The Wild Varanger journey is perfect for bird watchers and nature lovers. Not only does observing birds teach one about their fascinating habits and features, but the activity also helps with slowing down the pace of life and appreciating the surrounding nature. Travelers will stay in the Kongsfjord Guesthouse, located in an Arctic region that offers an extraordinary diversity of ecosystems and bird life. As a solo birder in Varanger, travelers can always find company in other birdwatchers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- City and Wilderness Luxury - This 11-day journey combines a luxurious and architecturally pleasing itinerary for the luxury solo traveler with a mix of travel in Oslo and in the wilderness. The journey begins at Sommerro House, Oslo’s most exciting hotel opening of 2022. The newly opened boutique hotel is a modern tribute to Norwegian cultural heritage, features history rich in architectural details, and is the perfect base to experience Oslo, the newest capital of Nordic cool. Travelers then move to the Writer’s Lodge at Juvet Landscape Hotel in Valldal, a magical place that was once the setting for Alex Garland’s 2014 science fiction movie Ex Machina and is the upcoming setting for HBO’s Succession in 2023. With views framed by windows that serve as landscape paintings towards the valley, the river and the mountains, this chalet is the perfect luxury escape from the hustle and bustle to write, create or simply recharge. The itinerary ends with a stay at Arctic Hideaway in Norway’s Arctic Circle Region. This unbelievable location is a cluster of eye-pleasing eco-cabins on a tiny island in the Fleinvær Archipelago in the Arctic Circle of Northern Norway, an hour boat journey from Bodø.