As summer 2016 rapidly approaches Opera Mediaworks new infographic: U.S. Mobile Travel Habits shjows that three in four Americans plan to take at least one trip in the next year...and among that group, some will take as many as 5!
From showcasing how many months in advance a U.S. consumer books their travel to discovering that mobile is the #1 travel search and booking source (70% of Millennials prefer their smartphone for research), Opera Mediaworks wanted to find out how consumers were planning to use their mobile devices this summer when making travel plans. So, they surveyed 1,000 mobile users in the U.S. across their mobile ad platform.
A Selection from U.S. Mobile Travel Habits
- Mobile Apps are the go-to source: 1 in 3 travelers go to specific mobile apps, such as TripAdvisor and Yelp, when researching accommodations and activity
- A Mobile-First World
- 85% of travelers use a mobile device to book travel activities
- 45% nearly half rely on mobile apps when booking accommodations and activities on mobile devices
- The Consumer Journey: How do you start the booking process?
- 1 in 3 say an ad with a special offer will initiate booking
- 1 in 4 say an email announcement will initiate booking
- 1 in 3 say that the availability of booking apps would make them more likely to book via mobile
- 1 in 3 say that having research apps available would make them more likely to engage in more travel activities