HONG KONG - VistaJet further expands its comprehensive VistaPet program, as the number of animals onboard soars 86% over the last two years and global pet ownership continues to rise.
Safety, security and the wellbeing of clients are fundamental for all at VistaJet. In addition to the unparalleled training with the British Butler Institute, Norland College and the Wine & Spirit Education Trust, as well as being the first in private aviation to have in-house MedAire instructors, VistaJet’s team of over 200 Cabin Hostesses now has tuition in all segments of pet first aid to ensure safety for all in-flight and that loyal companions receive the same leading service as their owners.
The extensive training program includes:
- Pet CPR procedures from checking circulation, identifying location of the heart and optimum ratio of compressions to breath;
- Recognizing warning signs of chocking and the best maneuvers for the situation;
- Vital signs such as heart rate, varying pulse locations, body temperature, and mucous membrane and capillary refill time to check for circulation and levels of oxygen in the bloodstream;
- Understanding indications of poisoning from ingested or topical, spider or insect bites, and the best treatment for each;
- And to better understand behaviors, crew members also learn how to read body language, whether that be a friendly dog holding its ears up and a loosely wagging tail; a fearful dog with ears back and tail tucked; recognizing the difference between a rapidly twitching tail and a friendly wag; or the unpredictability of cats, gaining clues from their eyes, ears and whiskers.
VistaJet’s dedication to all passengers’ well-being is not limited to the cabin. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Hong Kong) has been advocating animal welfare for 100 years. VistaJet shares the same vision of creating an inclusive society where animals and humans can co-exist in harmony.
To celebrate the SPCA (HK)’s 100-year milestone, VistaJet is working to support the good cause of the organization and its fundraising campaigns. Donation to SPCA (HK) will be made available on board all flights departing from Hong Kong, and 100 sets of specially selected VistaPet Pochette will be donated for SPCA (HK)’s upcoming charity sales, so more pets can be pampered at home as they would in the air with VistaJet.
Matteo Atti, EVP Marketing & Innovation at VistaJet said: "The fast increase in pet adoptions is paired with a habit of having pets as daily companions. Rabbits are a recent new breed of pet flown by VistaJet, and while dogs continue to make up the majority of animal passengers, the number of cats spiked 357% from 2019 to 2020. It's important to continually evolve our services to offer best-in-class travel solutions to all our passengers, making them feel safe and cared for at all times. With one-in-four Members flying with pets, VistaJet is dedicated to ensuring dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, and any other guests benefit from the same unparalleled service their owners expect from us.”
With a 53% increase globally in new memberships during the first half of 2021, there is clear continued demand from travelers looking for a safer and more reliable flying solution. VistaJet makes flying private with pets seamless, even at destination. As customers continue to seek safe havens for the entire family, VistaJet’s Private World collection introduces the very-best pet-friendly properties around the globe. At participating Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, pets feel right at home with tailored menus and exclusive amenities, massages and cabanas for furry friends to enjoy during their stay.
VistaPet’s leading offerings also provide additional solutions for comfort and health, including:
- Fear of flying courses for fearful ones. In partnership with The Dog House, pre-flight courses are offered to prepare for a comfortable in-flight experience. The four-week training helps dogs overcome sounds of jet engines, air pressure and the movements of air turbulence.
- Balanced menus to keep animals healthy and hydrated. Pet passengers are served inflight meals created in collaboration with clinical veterinarian Dr Bruce Fogle. Natural flower essences are also available to mix with pet’s drinking water to aid relaxation.
A safe and soft cabin. During the flight, pets can enjoy handmade Labbvenn sleep mats so they can sit down near their owners in the cabin.
- In-flight amenity kits. The VistaPet Pochette includes bio-organic, nutritional pet food from Rockster, treats created by Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux for The Dog House, and Kibble Pet’s water-free shampoo and wipes for salon-quality fur care. For inflight entertainment, there are Furzu rope toys.