Over 1 in 3 are taking on a side hustle in order to save for future travels.
As vaccines continue to roll out, everyone is chatting about what they’re going to do as the world potentially goes back to “normal.” But how comfortable are people feeling about traveling again? And can they even afford it? VacationRenter surveyed 1k individuals to explore:
Here’s what theyfound:
- On average, respondents had $1,582 in their future travel fund
- Over 1 in 3 are taking on a side hustle in order to save for future travels
- Going to bars & food delivery are the top things people are giving up to save up for travel
- In order to feel comfortable traveling again, people say they need
- A sense of safety (51%)
- Money (48%)
- Vaccine (for themselves) (43%)
- More time for the pandemic to subside (39%)
Tatiana is the news coordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes monitoring the hundreds of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skimming the most important according to our strategy.
She holds a Bachelor's degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.