Comprehensive guide to "still revolutionary" Connecticut travel planning available in print, interactive versions.
HARTFORD, CONN. – The Connecticut Office of Tourism unveiled its new 2015 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide, a comprehensive travel resource for planning vacations, getaways and outings in Connecticut. The Visitors Guide showcases the state’s diverse offerings and illustrates how travelers can enjoy a distinct blend of activities, within close proximity. Connecticut offers experiences that are relaxing and active, historic and contemporary, and nature-oriented and cultural. The guide is available for free at Connecticut’s five Welcome Centers throughout the state and at CTvisit.com, where travelers can also check out an interactive version of the guide.
“The Connecticut Visitors Guide is an excellent resource and inspirational travel planning tool that highlights attractions, events, history, culture and arts, dining, accommodations and much more, within multi-layered travel experiences,” said Randy Fiveash, director of Connecticut Office of Tourism. “It provides a snapshot of the state’s vibrant personality and boundless offerings, and reinforces our still revolutionary brand, which celebrates the blend of Connecticut’s rich history, continual innovation and forward vision. We invite visitors to experience all that makes Connecticut such a great travel destination.”
The 120-page guide is ideal for families, couples, groups and individuals interested in discovering or rediscovering Connecticut. Readers will enjoy the booklets colorful images, stories, information, ideas and fun facts, plus a state map and detailed index of attractions. Designed to inspire travelers’ imaginations, the Visitors Guide is organized by multi-dimensional travel experiences and by Connecticut’s five regions. In addition, it includes features on what makes Connecticut special and unique, such as “Literary Giants,” “Tasty Trails,” “Landmarks,” and “CT Play List.”
- Rewind + Fast Forward – Find a Refreshing Mix of Historic and Contemporary Attractions Across the State
- Surf + Turf – From Thrill Rides to Scenic Drives, Gather the Family and Go
- Catch + Release – Choose Hands-On Action or Completely Let Go
- Thrills + Chills – 8 Degrees of Outdoor Adventure
- Fairfield County – Black Dress or Blue Jeans? Pack Both for a Getaway to The Gold Coast
- Greater New Haven – Set Your Pace to Zip or Zen on a Tour of this Cultural Wonderland
- Litchfield Hills – Discover the Perfect Balance of Wild Life and The Good Life
- River Valley – Get Off the Grid or Jump into the Center of the Action
- Mystic Country – Unplug in Natural Surroundings or Recharge in Neon Palaces.
Tatiana is the news coordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes monitoring the hundreds of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skimming the most important according to our strategy.
She holds a Bachelor's degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.