Women around the world recognized at event in Las Vegas.
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS – Black Platinum Gold CEO Viola Palescandolo has been named the winner of a GOLD Stevie Award in the Best Female Solo Entrepreneur category in the 19th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business honor women executives, entrepreneurs, employees, and the companies they run– worldwide. The Stevie Awards have been hailed as the world’s premier business awards.
Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word for “crowned,” the awards were presented to winners during a gala event attended by nominees and their guests at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event was broadcast via Livestream.
More than 1,500 entries were submitted this year for consideration in more than 100 categories. Viola Palescandolo won in the ‘Best Female Solo Entrepreneur’ category.
"Being a solo founder can be hard, especially in challenging economic circumstances. Some people feel they can’t build a great company when going solo. Some feel pressured to find a cofounder. For me, it was just the opposite: I always wanted to carve my own path, feeling empowered as a solo founder. I had a very clear vision of what I wanted to build, and I went all in. Today I’m honoured and proud to be recognized as the 2022 GOLD Stevie Award winner as the Best Female Solo Entrepreneur for Women in Business” says Viola Palescandolo, Founder & CEO of Black Platinum Gold.
Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie Award winners were determined by the average scores of more than 200 business professionals around the world, working on eight juries.
This year’s Stevie Awards for Women in Business was complemented by the fourth edition of the Women|Future Conference, a three-day educational and networking event held virtually, where Viola Palescandolo was invited as a speaker for the Entrepreneurship session ‘Turn Passion into Profit’: “Rather than focusing on how to profit from your passion, you must invest all of your energies, time, commitment and resources into building your purpose. That is priceless – and profit will follow” says Viola Palescandolo.
Founded by former naval engineer, luxury market expert, superyacht insider and passionate traveler Viola Palescandolo, Black Platinum Gold is the first-of-its-kind company and the only Luxury Travel Auction Platform in the world. The firm provides a unique connection between travelers and hospitality by selling at auction exclusive and renowned hotel stays and vacations across the globe. BPG offers easy digital accessibility from anywhere in the world and high-end partners such as The Ritz-Carlton, Kempinski, Nobu, LUX* Resorts & Hotels, Red Carnation Hotels, many members of The Leading Hotels of the World, Relais & Châteaux and Small Luxury Hotels of The World. In the world of today ́s travel, Black Platinum Gold makes the pinnacle of luxury and lifestyle possible.
The 2022 Gold, Silver, and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflect a diverse group of large and small organizations from around the globe. Notable Gold Stevie Award winners in this year’s competition include:
- Sandrine Pons, Regional Vice President, Head of Solutions Sales & Innovation, SAP, Paris, France, for Women Helping Women – Business
- Ann Kaplan, Las Vegas, NV U.S.A, for Woman of the Year – Accounting and Finance
- Susan McLaughlin, Senior Innovative Media and Creative Operations Manager, Vanguard, Malvern, PA U.S.A, for Woman of the Year – Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- Fatima Sultan Al-Kuwari, Group Chief Human Resources Officer), Ooredoo, Qatar, for Female Executive of the Year – Business Products –More Than 2,500 Employees
- Shama Hyder, CEO and Founder, Zen Media, Plano, TX U.S.A., for Most Innovative Woman of the Year – Social Media
- Stephanie Wernick Barker, President, Mondo, New York, NY U.S.A, for Female Thought Leader of the Year – Business Services
- Gehad Hamdy, Founder, Speak Up, Giza, Egypt, for Social Change Maker of the Year – Gender
- Michelle John, Founding Director, PEGS, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom, for Woman of the Year – Government or Non-Profit
- Kelley Higney, Founder & CEO, Bug Bite Thing, Port Lucie, FL U.S.A, for Best Female Entrepreneur – Consumer Products –11 to 2,500 Employees
- Allison Grafton, President and Founder, Rockwood Custom Homes, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, for Best Female Entrepreneur in Canada
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.