Conference offered valuable forecasts and insights to top executives.
DALLAS – Predict, CEIR’s Annual Exhibition Industry Outlook Conference brought together more than 100 top executives in the business-to-business (B2B) exhibitions industry on 13-14 September to MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Md. for an in-depth examination of the impact COVID-19 has had on the industry to date in addition to exploring forecasting data that can be applied to strategic planning over the next three years.
This year’s Predict targeted the radically changed business environment surrounding B2B exhibitions as it relates to current economic, geo-political and social issues. Information-dense presentations, along with the much-anticipated preview of the 2021 CEIR Index Report: An Analysis of the 2020 Exhibition Industry and Future Outlook, provided attendees with timely and relevant data to help them lead their organizations using future-focused programming.
“The big question on everyone’s mind is how to successfully plan for the immediate future, especially during these uncertain times,” said CEIR CEO Cathy Breden, CMP, CAE, CEM. “CEIR has collected, examined and applied a robust amount of data exactly for that purpose. It is important to merge our findings with the more expansive U.S. economic data so that industry executives can have the absolute best information to work with. This all came together at Predict with powerful presentations that delivered the highly sought-after information industry leaders need and want right now.”
Predict 2021 included presentations and panel discussions from leaders within and outside of the exhibitions industry, including:
- Melissa Ashley | Advisor | Airfair
- Cathy Breden, CMP, CAE, CEM | CEO | CEIR
- Dr. Patricia Buckley | Managing Director of Economics | Deloitte LP
- Nancy Drapeau, PRC | Vice President of Research | CEIR
- Erin Dunstan | Managing Vice President, Sales | Maritz Global Events
- Brian Fanzo | Digital Futurist
- Joey Graziano | Senior Vice President of Business Operations and Strategy, Global Events Department | National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Nicole Hallada | Senior Vice President of Exhibitions and Marketing | Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- Desiree Hanson | Executive Vice President | Fashion, Tech, Energy and AXN | Clarion Events
- Dr. Jennifer Hesterman | Vice President, Education Services | Watermark Risk Management International
- Dr. Chris Kuehl | Managing Director | Armada Corporate Intelligence
- Danushka Nanayakkara-Skillington | Assistant Vice President, Forecasting and Analysis | National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- John Paxton | CEO | Material Handling Industry Association (MHI)
- Vincent T. Polito | Managing Director | mdg, A Freeman Company
- Dr. Sam Potolicchio | President | Preparing Global Leaders Forum
- David Saef, CTSM Gold | Senior Vice President of Strategy, Advisory Services | mdg, A Freeman Company
- Leana Salamah | Vice President, Marketing | International Housewares Association
- Dr. Allen Shaw | Founder, President and Chief Economist | Global Economic Consulting Associates, Inc.
- Anzio Williams | Senior Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | NBCUniversal Local
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.