The conference is organized by the Tourism Industry Management Department, TEI of Crete, Greece and the School of Sport, Leisure and Travel, Buckinghamshire New University, UK. It is going to take place in Crete and Santorini, Greece, 22-25th April 2010
Papers are invited for this international conference. The conference will consider, but not be limited to, the following indicative themes:
– Alternative tourism development
– Special interest and niche tourism
– Diversifying the tourism product
– Visitor management strategies for destinations
– Destination management organisations
– Tourism and sustainable development: the global-local nexus
– Tourism and the environment: environmental practices of enterprises and destinations
– Sustainability and rejuvenation of mature destinations
– Land and culture: sustainable tourism and indigenous people
– Eco tourism: weak and strong approaches
– Globalisation, sustainability and development
– Local participation in decision-making
– Sustainable local/destination partnerships: clustering and networking
– Marketing sustainable tourism.
Keynote Speakers confirmed
– Richard Butler, Emeritus Professor, Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde, UK.
– Bill Bramwell, Professor of International Tourism Studies. Centre for International Tourism Research, Sheffield Hallam University, UK.
– Larry Dwyer, Qantas Professor of Travel and Tourism Economics, University of New South Wales, Australia.