None of the expansion will take place from London`s Luton Airport due to the airline`s long-running dispute over passenger charges.
The increases underline the airline`s strategy of building frequency on routes in order to create a daily schedule giving maximum flexibility to business and leisure travellers alike.
The expansion comes with the addition of three brand-new Boeing 737-700 aircraft into the easyJet fleet, bringing the total size of the fleet to 25 aircraft.
- From Belfast to Glasgow, 4 flights per day, commencing on 21 August (with one per day); then 03 September (with four per day)
- From Belfast to Edinburgh, 2 flights per day, commencing on 03 September
- From Glasgow to Amsterdam, 2 flights per day, commencing on 21 August (with one per day); then 03 September (with two per day)
- From Amsterdam to Barcelona, 1 flight per day, commencing on 20 August
- From Gatwick to Nice, 1 flight per day, commencing on 19 July
Further Services on Existing Routes
- From Belfast to Amsterdam, from 1 to 2 flights per day, commencing on 20 July
- From Gatwick to Amsterdam, from 1 to 2 flights per day, commencing on 20 August
- From Amsterdam to Nice, from 1 to 2 flights per day, commencing on 19 July
Ray Webster, easyJet Chief Executive, said:
This is a major new expansion of the eat network. Five routes, together with increases in frequency on a fur three represent growth of over 10% during the course oe summer flyperiod. It also follows tht principlegrowour nek byto destinations that we already serve. This joining-the-dots approach is in stark contrast to hub-and-spoke modeltraditional airlines.&;From UK, grfocusedthmain areas – fBelfast, Edinburgh/Glasgow and Gatwick. Demopportunities exist fUK regions, hence significant inse ervices to Bel Scotland. We are apursuour policy ofandfick, dependingavailabilityslots, to take advantage oe separate south London buss catchment tis nally unwillto mjourney to Luton.&;Theon fAmdam comesback oe very enagstar Nice, Bel Edrgh es we have seen since January. With today`s announcementt will beto nine dens fm fur demonstratessumer enthusiasmlow-cost air travel across Europe.&;Tod ar blow toon Airport where re stinvolved in a long-runnbattle passenger charges. By endsu 2001, less than half our fleet wbe basn;
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.