Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance plan offers a variety of coverages to help protect coastal and lakefront travelers.
NEW YORK and SAN DIEGO – Generali Global Assistance's Travel Insurance division announced its new Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance offering for the growing seaside and costal segment of the vacation rental market. The new plan is available to guests and property managers renting coastal and other waterfront properties all year round.
With the vacation rental market projected to be worth $36.6 billion by the end of 2018, the Company sees significant opportunities when it comes to enhancing its vacation rental coverages and features. The Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance product was customized to provide additional coverages for the growing number of seaside and coastal vacationers that visit coastal regions all year round.
Chris Carnicelli, CEO of Generali Global Assistance North America, commented on today's news, "We are excited to introduce this new offering and provide additional coverage to the coastal vacation rental industry – which is a significant segment of the industry. As the sharing economy and home rentals continue to increase in popularity, we see tremendous opportunities in this area and plan to continue raising our market presence with customized products and services."
The new Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance product provides Generali Global Assistance's customers competitive vacation rental plans with new features to help protect against events that can interfere with, or completely derail vacations, such as rental car breakdowns, lost sporting equipment, and beach closures due to contaminated waters.
The Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance product includes additional innovative benefits:
- Coverage for out of pocket expenses like overnight lodging if your car breaks down on your way to your rental
- Expanded coverage for lost, stolen, or damaged sporting equipment like golf clubs, surf boards, and bikes –with additional coverage to help you locate and retrieve your sporting equipment if it's delayed during transit for more than 24 hours
- Specific coverage if the beach at your destination is closed for 24 hours or more due to contaminated waters
- Specific coverage if the golf course or amusement park at your destination must close at least half of its attractions due to severe weather or mechanical breakdown.
- Expanded coverage related to adverse weather and hurricanes including: interruption of services at the rental, uninhabitable or inaccessible accommodations, or mandatory evacuation
Carnicelli concluded "Travelers, property managers, and vacation rental owners alike will benefit from the additional coverages and unique aspects of these offerings, which make them among the strongest protections currently available in the seaside rental segment."
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.