Airport restaurants in BUF, LAX and ONT join mobile ordering platform.
HOUSTON – Grab, the largest e-commerce platform in U.S. airports, continues to boom this week with the launch of mobile ordering capabilities at Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Ontario International Airport (ONT).
With launch partner Delaware North, Grab is enabling passengers at BUF, LAX and ONT to save time by placing and pre-paying for pick-up orders on their way through terminals. The participating restaurants include:
- BUF: Anchor Bar, Blue Zone, Checkers, Lake Erie Grille, Queen City Kitchen, and Which Wich
- LAX: Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (two locations), Farmers Market To Go, Loteria! Grill, Monsieur Marcel Gourmet Market & Bistro, Skewers by Morimoto, WPizza by Wolfgang Puck, The Habit Burger Grill, Wahoo’s Fish Tacos and Wolfgang Puck Express
- ONT: Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, El Paseo Mexican Cafe, Route 66 Grille and Schlotsky’s Deli (two locations)
“We provide travelers with the food they want and the convenience they need whenever they fly,” said Kevin Kelly, President of Delaware North’s travel hospitality business. “The rapid activation of Grab in our airport restaurants across the country makes good food available on-demand for thousands of our customers.”
Grab modernizes the airport travel experience by providing passengers with on-demand resources to save time and reduce the stress of making a flight. Grab allows users to view menus, gauge wait-times and place or hold pre-paid orders at participating airport restaurants. In addition, Grab offers directories at more than 40 airports nationwide for users to easily search restaurants, retailers and services conveniently located on their path through the terminal.
The company is rapidly expanding its base, with over 1,000 airport restaurant and retail concepts signed up to join the platform – including 45 restaurants slated in May alone. This week’s launches in BUF, LAX and ONT bring 21 new restaurants into the platform, making Grab mobile ordering currently available at 103 restaurants across the network, including:
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Richmond International Airport (RIC)
- Will Rogers World Airport (OKC)
“The proliferation of Grab signals a change in traveler needs and expectations today,” said Mark Bergsrud, CEO of Grab. “We believe convenience is the greatest demand in modern air travel, and we’re proud to be at the forefront of the industry’s response to this trend.”
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.