Survey results reveal travel trends for 2022 that include willingness to travel internationally, comfort level of traveling internationally compared to 2021, and insurance benefits travelers care about most.
Travelers feel more comfortable traveling abroad in 2022 than they did in 2021
- 59% of respondents feel more comfortable traveling internationally in 2022 }
– 32% feel just as comfortable traveling internationally as they did in 2021
- 71% of respondents plan to travel internationally before October 2022
– In 2021, 49% of respondents planned to travel internationally before October
- 38% of respondents plan to travel internationally 3+ times in 2022
– 141% increase compared to 2021
- Of domestic travelers, 52% plan to travel domestically 3+ times in 2022
– 18% increase compared to 2021
- 53% of respondents are more likely to purchase a travel protection/travel medical plan due to the risks, concerns, and impacts of COVID-19
– 43% are just as likely to purchase a plan as they were before the onset of the pandemic
- Benefits travelers consider most important in an insurance plan prior to traveling:
– #1 Medical insurance benefits
– #2 Trip cancellation/interruption benefits
– #3 CFAR/IFAR benefits
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.