County’s Tourism Development Authority highlights a range of memorable venues.
JACKSON COUNTY, N.C. – With the demand for small market and drive-to meetings increasing, Jackson County Tourism Development Authority (JCTDA) is spotlighting the variety of renovated and unique event spaces available in the destination. A short drive from the Southeast’s largest cities and just one hour from Asheville Regional Airport, Jackson County offers charming downtown locales, a thriving culinary scene, and abundant outdoor activities, making it an ideal setting for groups to meet, spark creativity, and build comradery.
“In Jackson County you can find a venue for almost any size at different price points,” says Caleb Sullivan, JCTDA Sales and Marketing Manager. “We are excited to offer more groups an escape from the city to reconnect somewhere authentic. Our farm-to-table dining, beautiful scenic vistas, and adventures are sure to provide a well-rounded experience after a day of meetings.”
Below is a selection of Jackson County’s meeting and event spaces:
- Village Green & Village Green Commons (Cashiers, NC) – The Village Green sits on 13.5 acres of beautiful native landscaping, a nationally recognized dahlia garden and walking trails. Its new, state-of-the-art Village Green Commons venue designed and constructed with 30-foot ceilings features more than 3,700 square feet of meeting and event space, several breakout rooms, fiber optic Internet, the latest A/V technology, a performance stage, and a commercial kitchen.
- Castle Ladyhawke at Bear Lake Reserve (Tuckasegee, NC) – Those looking for a unique meeting experience are sure to be attracted to Bear Lake Reserve’s Castle Ladyhawke venue. Located in Tuckasegee, this Scottish border castle is a world-class meeting destination that can host up to 140 people. The Great Hall is suited for upscale meetings, and the deck area overlooking miles of mountains is a great option for something more casual.
- High Hampton (Cashiers, NC) – This iconic 20th-century property recently reopened with a full revitalization of the inn, food and beverage operations and Club amenities. Between four meeting rooms, there is 1,400 square feet of space to host up to 350 people. High Hampton also boasts a world-class golf course, 15+ miles of hiking trails and incredible views.
- The Orchard Restaurant & Events Barn (Cashiers, NC) – The Orchard, set on a scenic orchard with garden views, is known for its delicious food and friendly service. This charming 100-year-old farmhouse can host groups between 15 to 80 people, and larger parties can opt for the spacious Orchard Event Barn and open green space available outside.
- The Historic Jackson County Courthouse & Library (Sylva, NC) – Built in 1914 and renovated in 2011, The Historic Jackson County Courthouse & Library combines traditional Southern charm with notable neoclassical architecture. The building is suitable for up to 200 people and has over 26,000 square feet, a commercial kitchen, AV system, and a large community room on the second floor that is ideal for presentations and lectures.
- Best Western River Escape (Dillsboro, NC) – The Best Western River Escape is found along the Tuckasegee River or “Tuck,” as the locals call it, in Dillsboro. Its 650 square-foot event room is the perfect place for off-site meetings or training sessions. The spacious Tuckasegee Room offers 40 theater-style seats with the option of expanding out into the breakfast area and riverside patio.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.