Six new stores will be opening in the Center Core of the airside terminal.
PITTSBURGH – Look for new shopping experiences at Pittsburgh International Airport this spring. The airport and Fraport Pittsburgh are introducing a variety of specialty stores with offerings ranging from a one of a kind fragrance bar to an interactive play space for children and parents alike.
“We’re pleased to introduce new concepts that cater to the airport’s growing passenger base and create a vibrant retail experience,” said Cathy Simoni, vice president of Fraport Pittsburgh, the developer of the concessions program at PIT. “Like any retail environment, our program at Pittsburgh International Airport is dynamic and evolves with consumer tastes and trends. Our focus continues to be on serving the traveling public and giving passengers and guests a great experience at the airport.”
Six new stores will be opening in the Center Core of the airside terminal. Hours are 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday through Friday and 5 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Timeless Travel carries a wide range of watches, bags and accessories from top designers and brands including Michael Kors, Armani, Furla, Prada, Tissot, Fossil, Montblanc and Coach, with new selections arriving monthly. Elegantly appointed, the 1,050-square-foot store opens late February.
- Look for 1,432 square feet of fun at Perfectly Plane Fun. Opening in March, the new store will provide an interactive space filled with toys, games, puzzles and more to entertain the little ones; adults, too.
- Step into The Candy Shoppe and be transported to a magical land of sweetness. The chic candy boutique caters to travelers by offering the best in specialty candy, sweets and delicious treats. The 561-square-foot boutique opens in March.
- Socks are the latest accessory trend, and Soul Mates delivers with hundreds of fun novelty socks and multiple styles, prints and colors for men, women, and children. Plus, statement hosiery and essential basics for all your travels. The new 734-square-foot store opens late March.
- Whether your day takes you five blocks or five time zones, stylish, functional bags will be within reach at the new (657 sq. ft.) baggallini store, starting March 31. Two flight attendants founded the business 20 years ago. Today, their beautifully organized bags and accessories are still working hard for the everyday traveler.
- With a one of a kind fragrance bar and other amenities, The Galleria presents an exciting open store design where guests can experience a wide range of products first hand. Travelers will find both duty-free and duty-paid products from familiar brands to new finds in the 3,561-square-foot store. The Galleria will be open for business in March.
Other recent arrivals included Steel City News and Steel City Express news and gift stores.
“As we continue to increase the number of passengers in our terminal, we’re eager to introduce new concepts and stores throughout the airport,” said Eric Sprys, Chief Commercial Officer, Allegheny County Airport Authority. “We expect to add even more shopping and dining options in the upcoming year.”
Tatiana is the news coordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes monitoring the hundreds of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skimming the most important according to our strategy.
She holds a Bachelor's degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.