Expected to be valuated at nearly US$ 7.6 billion in 2032.
The Turkey medical tourism market is expected to reach US$ 7.6 Billion in 2032 and anticipated to grow at robust 5% CAGR during 2022-2032. Turkey is fast becoming one of the major destinations for medical tourism dueto the low treatment prices as compared to other nations. A secure and safe environment, established hospitals, skilled doctors and right climate conditions are some of the factors that determine the potential of a medical tourism destination.
According to Future Market Insights, there are two unique and imperative explanations behind individuals who travel abroad for medical purposes – high treatment costs in native country and seeking better nature of medicines. Turkey is known for its historical, cultural and natural beauty that attracts tourists to visit the country. Turkey comes first in the minds of patients who look for both medical treatment and holidays at the same time.
Turkey is known to be one of the best health care destinations because it provides world class certified staff, good hospitals and a tourist friendly environment. Some of the major treatments offered by well-known hospitals in Turkey include plastic surgery, dental treatment, cosmetic surgery, electric surgery, hair transplants, in-vitro fertilisation, eye surgery, cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, orthopaedics and traumatology.
Medical Tourism in Turkey: Trends and Analysis of Key Drivers
- Medical tourism in Turkey offers a complete package including medical care, spas, thermal, and wellness services along with accommodation in luxury hotels. Turkey medical tourism offers one-stop administration that includes treatment duration, sorting out meetings with health care professionals and booking convenience etc.
- The global financial crisis has played a significant role in increasing influx of medical tourists to Turkey due to the low-cost medical procedures and vacations in the country. Demand for cosmetic surgeries such as facial implants, skin resurfacing, nose, ear, eyelid and tummy tuck surgery, hip replacement, liposuction, breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction and chemical peel are increasing in Turkey due to the rise in the cost of such surgeries in Europe and North America.
- High-quality medical care is available at reasonably low prices in Turkey. People prefer to go for medical treatments to Turkey, because of the highly skilled staff and doctors in private hospitals and clinics. Advanced medical technologies such as Cyberknife, Vinci surgery robot, real beam, PETCT, IGRT, MRI, and Gamma knife is used efficiently by private hospitals and clinics in Turkey and some hospitals are affiliated with the top U.S health institutions such as Harvard Medical School and John Hopkins Medicine.
- The cost of many treatments is half in Turkey as compared to Western Europe and the U.S. Some of the hospitals that provide world class facilities and best treatment in Turkey include Anadolu Medical Center, Bayindir Hastaneleri Hospital and Guven Hospital. Further, Turkey has introduced tax-free health care zones with the main focus of attracting foreign medical tourists.
Medical Tourism in Turkey: Restraints
However, medical tourists visiting Turkey find it difficult to communicate with locals and health care professionals at the time of their visit. People find it difficult to get the necessary information about good hospitals and skilled medical professionals and more legal framework and complex processes are involved here. Medical tourism facilitators enable the foreign travellers to overcome these challenges and act as a representative of the tourists in the destination throughout the treatment process.
Medical Tourism in Turkey: Top Cities
- The three top most cities known for their health care facilities in Turkey are Istanbul, Ankara, and Izmir, offering one-stop services to a large number of patients coming from other countries beginning from the day of meeting with the health care professional to the day of departure.
- This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
- The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.