Egencia unveiled its five-step customized implementation process to help businesses quickly and seamlessly implement a travel management solution and realize cost savings. With US customers seeing 88 percent average online adoption and 90 percent traveler satisfaction achieved within 90 days of launch, Egencia has developed meaningful benchmarking data that companies can use to track their progress.
"Our rigorous implementation process is a vital part of how we help our customers manage change every day, and especially during this tough economic climate," said Stan Sorensen, Egencia Vice President, Account Management and Meetings. "More companies are turning to us because we have a history of doing the heavy lifting by creating a personalized launch plan, schedule and checklist with an individual team assigned to each account. The results are evident in our statistics, and with our ability to accelerate the process based on unique business needs, we bring our clients that much closer to realizing significant savings through an integrated policy environment and lower transaction fees."
Contributing to the success of Egencia’s implementation process is the dedicated resources provided to each account and 24/7 experienced corporate travel consultant support. The five steps of the implementation process include:
- Orientation & Assessment – Egencia undergoes a fact-finding process to understand a client’s current travel program, patterns and traveler profiles, identifying possible opportunities and challenges. In addition, Egencia partners with both new and existing clients to determine fresh program goals since implementation can help drive meaningful change within their program.
- Project Plan – Egencia implementation experts create a specific plan and activity schedule to establish the parameters for a successful launch.
- Customization – A dedicated Egencia team, lead by an implementation manager and the client’s account manager, works in partnership with the organization’s travel manager to customize the travel program to specific business needs.
- Integrated Launch – Egencia works with the organization’s travel team on program rollout including education and traveler training. The company’s integrated online and offline booking systems ensures that profiles and negotiated rates are entered only once, increasing the speed of program launch.
- Ongoing Support & Measurement – Following implementation, Egencia provides powerful data and reporting through a monthly business review and remains in close, weekly contact to continually monitor, improve and enhance the company travel program.
"Working with a travel management company who has a proven track record of successful implementations was one reason we chose Egencia," said Anne Murray, Travel Manager for Linden Labs, creators of Second Life. "It was clear they understood how critical a strong travel program rollout is in gaining employee acceptance and ensuring long-term success, which gave us peace of mind. Through our partnership, we achieved 90 percent online adoption in a short period of time and now have a clear path to driving compliance and cost savings."
To meet the unique needs of smaller implementation projects, Egencia leverages a customized, accelerated process. Once an account is launched, clients can utilize Egencia’s powerful compliance tools and policy controls to guide employees within travel program parameters. Egencia has found that companies save on average $124 per flight, $79 per hotel and $16 per car rental ($219 per trip) when booking in-policy versus out-of-policy. In addition, Egencia offers an industry-leading global reporting and business intelligence platform, providing travel and procurement executives with hundreds of real-time customized reports at their fingertips.