Nine new itineraries have been added throughout Europe and North America, including first-ever tours in Mallorca.
WILLISTON, VT – VBT Bicycling Vacations and Country Walkers, leaders in active vacations for more than 40 years, unveiled new tours and destinations for 2023.
From the sculptural canyons and undulating sand dunes of Death Valley National Park to Cape Cod’s breathtaking coastal routes with sweeping Atlantic vistas, the soaring Dolomites and Italian Alps to the dramatic coastlines of Mallorca and Portugal, Norway’s pristine fjord lands and Scotland’s celebrated Highlands, the new itineraries offer the perfect blend of active adventures that go deep in a specific region, allowing travelers to explore under their own power so they can truly experience the local culture.
“We are excited to unveil our new tours for 2023, including new itineraries designed by experts to be the perfect active vacations – including tours in Mallorca for the first time in company history. We are seeing a lot of interest already in 2023 tours particularly in Europe, so now is the time to book that adventure for next summer’s vacation while there is still availability,” said Timo Shaw, President of Country Walkers and VBT Bicycling Vacations.
New tours for 2023 include:
VBT Bicycling Vacations
- Spain: Balearic Islands, Mallorca and Ses Salines (Guided): Enjoy an internationally beloved cycling paradise along the island’s stunning Mediterranean coast, soaring Tramuntana range, pristine coastal wetlands, and a sweeping countryside of farms, vineyards and groves of almond and olive trees. Enjoy lunch at the oldest finca on the island and at a vineyard where paella lessons are on the menu, witness salt-mining up close, and chat with Majorcans at open-air markets, where seasoned artisans keep pottery, ceramics and glass-blowing traditions alive. Available March – May and September – November, 2023.
- California and Nevada: Death Valley National Park (Guided): Marvel at rich hues of otherworldly beauty and hexagon-laced salt flats, accented by splash colors of spring wildflowers and wide open spaces with staggeringly scenic rewards. At night, relax at the luxurious 4-diamond Inn at Death Valley. Available February – April and October – November, 2023.
- Italy: Dolomites, Bolzano to Ora (Self-Guided): Savor the stunning vistas of the Italian Alps of South Tyrol, from the stunning green valleys that stretch to the dramatic massifs of the mighty Dolomites to the Fiemme and Fassa Valleys, lush vineyards and dense forests, charming mountain hamlets and historic cities steeped in alpine character and Tyrolean hospitality. Available June – October, 2023.
- Massachusetts: Cape Code and Provincetown (Guided): Cycle breathtaking coastal routes along the Cape Cod National Seashore, spot harbor seals during a cruise of Chatham Harbor, follow the famed Cape Cod Rail Trail and Province Lands bike path, explore quintessential Cape communities of Chatham and Provincetown, and sample renowned oysters and the freshest seafood imaginable complemented by wines from the sun-kissed vines of Truro Vineyards. Available May – June and September – October, 2023.
- Croatia: The Dalmatian Coast, Korčula & Dubrovnik (Self-Guided): This inn-to-inn itinerary lets travelers set their own pace while exploring the seaside town of Orebić, Marco Polo’s supposed birthplace of Korčula and the medieval burg of Dubrovnik. Take in breathtaking vistas while riding tranquil island routes to hidden coves, magnificent beaches and beloved UNESCO World Heritage sites. Linger over lunch in medieval towns and relax at waterfront hotels with front-row sunset views. Available April – June and August – October, 2023.
- Spain: Balaeric Islands, Mallorca and Deija (Guided): Majestic Mallorca is prime territory for walkers, with terraced hillsides, dramatic coastlines, and ancient villages. Hike the cobbled byways of Spain’s prettiest towns, tour Roman ruins with an expert guide, and admire views of orchards, olive groves, sparkling seas, traditional stone architecture, and a UNESCO-protected mountain range. Enjoy rare Malvasia wine, tapas, olive oil and other regional delicacies. At the end of each day, relax at charming boutique hotels including the Balearics’ only thermal spa resort. Available March – May and October, 2023.
- Norway: Bergen and the Fjords (Guided): Breathe in the clean air of Norway’s pristine fjordlands while marveling at the spectacular west coast scenery to the mountaintops and valleys of the interior. When not walking, travel by coach, RIB boat, ferry, gondola and the celebrated Flam Railway. Visit a castle and a pristine lake, enjoy the untamed beauty of Voss’s Mount Hanguren, and mingle with locals while visiting historic wooden villages and Bergen’s historic Bryggen district. Available June – July and August – October, 2023.
- Scotland: The Scottish Highlands and Cairngorms National Park (Self-Guided): Experience the breathtaking beauty, rich culture, and sheer drama of Scotland’s celebrated Highlands. Walk the river valley of Speyside, hike Cairngorms National Park, and follow the famous Great Glen Way to the legendary lakeside of Loch Ness. Along the way, traverse tranquil farmland, sylvan woodlands, a rare forest of birchwood and juniper, and the Highland’s famous moors. Medieval and baronial castles provide insight into the families that shaped this rugged region while whisky distilleries illuminate Scotland’s long-beloved amber spirit. Available May – October, 2023.
- Portugal: Sinatra and Rota Vincentina (Self-Guided): Enjoy sweeping vistas and sweeping history on this epic adventure from Sintra-Cascais Natural Park to the Rota Vicentina. Shady forest paths lead to centuries-old hilltop castles. Towering rocky outcroppings frame wide crescent beaches. Cliffside paths hide families of nesting storks and unveil rock walls that stretch for miles along the Atlantic coast. A marshy river once wide and crowded with trade ships now teems with birdlife. And dense, fragrant forests of cork, oak, and eucalyptus blanket gentle hills. Available February – May and September – November, 2023.
The new tours complement a robust offering over 125 itineraries in 2023 to more than 40 countries.
Country Walkers and VBT Bicycling Vacations offer travelers five active travel styles: Guided and Self-Guided (Country Walkers) and Guided Biking, Self-Guided Biking and Guided Bike & Boat (VBT Bicycling Vacations). All itineraries include bilingual expert guides and leaders, local restaurants, and small, family-owned accommodations. E-bikes, which have seen a recent surge in popularity, are also available on most VBT Bicycling Vacations tours.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.