After serving up close to 19 million cruise quotes, CruiseCompete CruiseTrends offers an inside look at what consumers want in cruise vacations based on their requests.
DETROIT – CruiseCompete has released its CruiseTrends report for the month of February 2023. This report details a picture of trends in consumer behavior for cruise ship travel for February 2023.
After serving up close to 19 million cruise quotes, CruiseCompete CruiseTrends offers an inside look at what consumers want in cruise vacations based on their requests. CruiseCompete has mined its wealth of data to provide information on the most popular cruise trends among consumers, including most requested cruise ships, lines and travel dates for premium, luxury and river cruising.
1. Most Popular Cruise Lines
- Premium/Contemporary: Royal Caribbean
- Luxury: Oceania Cruises
- River: Viking
In second place are Celebrity Cruises for premium/contemporary, Azamara for luxury and AmaWaterways for river. More…
2. Most Popular Cruise Ships
- Premium/Contemporary: Royal Caribbean Wonder of the Seas
- Luxury: Queen Mary 2
- River: American Queen
Next in popularity are Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas for premium/contemporary, Azamara Onward for luxury and Scenic Spirit for river. More…
3. Most Popular Cruise Regions
- Premium/Contemporary: Caribbean
- Luxury: Mediterranean
- River: Europe
Next in popularity are North America for premium/contemporary, North America for luxury and North America for river. More…
4. Most Popular Cruise Departure Ports
- Premium/Contemporary: Miami
- Luxury: Miami
- River: Amsterdam
Next in popularity are Fort Lauderdale for premium/contemporary, Southampton for luxury and Budapest for river. More…
5. Most Popular Cruise Ports Visited
- Premium/Contemporary: Cozumel
- Luxury: Ketchikan
- River: Strasbourg
Next in popularity are Nassau for premium/contemporary; Juneau for luxury and Cologne for river. More…
6. Most Popular Countries Visited
- Premium/Contemporary: Bahamas
- Luxury: USA
- River: Germany
Second most popular are Mexico for premium/contemporary, Greece for luxury, France for river.
7. Most Popular Cabin Types
- Premium/Contemporary: Balcony
- Luxury: Balcony
- River: Balcony
Second are Inside for premium, Outside for luxury, and Outside for river.
8. Number of Cabins Requested
- Premium/Contemporary: 1 cabin
- Luxury: 1 cabin
- River: 1 cabin
Second are 2 cabins for premium/contemporary, 2 cabins for luxury, and 2 cabins for river.
9. Most Popular Cruise Itinerary Lengths
- Premium/Contemporary: 7 nights
- Luxury: 7 nights
- River: 7 nights
Second are 5 nights for premium/contemporary, 10 nights for luxury, and 8 nights for river.
10. Most Popular Sailing Months Requested
- Premium/Contemporary: March 2023
- Luxury: August 2023
- River: June 2023
Second are April 2023 for premium, August 2023 for luxury, and June 2023 for river.
11. Booking Window of Time
The average number of days between the date the cruise was booked and the date it sails.
- Contemporary/Premium – booked 191 days in advance
- Luxury – booked 297 days in advance
- River – booked 179 days in advance
Tatiana is the news coordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes monitoring the hundreds of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skimming the most important according to our strategy.
She holds a Bachelor's degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.