Leading yachting line launches small group experiences in 11 Mediterranean destinations with Respected Travel Company.
MIAMI, FL – SeaDream Yacht Club announced that the leading luxury yachting brand has partnered with a global operator to offer National Geographic Day Tours in 11 destinations in 2023, bringing key immersive experiences to SeaDream guests. Rolling out this year in renowned Mediterranean destinations—Amalfi, Barcelona, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Funchal, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Naples, Rhodes, Santorini, and Sorrento— these intimate, small-group experiences allow SeaDream guests to explore their favorite destinations and travel deeper into the destination by gaining insights and inspiration from the places visited.
“At SeaDream, we believe our beautiful world beckons to be explored and experienced. This is why we are excited to bring our guests closer to our Mediterranean destinations than ever before,” said Andreas Brynestad of SeaDream Yacht Club. “By adding National Geographic Day Tours to our travel portfolio, we can incorporate a series of intimate experiences that complement our existing programs designed to elevate the guest experience, while providing choice for our guests. We are honored to offer our guests experiences from a renowned travel brand that also makes engagement and cultural interaction a priority for travelers.”
Accommodating between 3 and 26 guests and available to already booked SeaDream travelers on a limited availability basis, each program explores a distinct theme, such as History and Heritage, Photography, Gastronomy & Wine, Nature & Wildlife, and People & Culture. Tours are led by National Geographic-trained guides and photography guides, well-seasoned in the area’s geography, history, and culture.
- MNAC: The Secrets of Restoration. Available on select October & November 2023 Mediterranean sailings that call on Barcelona, travelers will visit the Museum Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC) for an exclusive visit to the private restoration area, accompanied by one of the museum restorers.
- Landscapes of Corfu – Photography Tour. Available on select June & August 2023 Mediterranean sailings, guests visit the most picturesque locations of the island, including Kaiser William II Observatory, the historic Paleokastritsa Monastery, La Grotta Jetty, and the Corfiot countryside with a National Geographic photography guide.
- Cooking with the Mujo Family. Available on select June, July & August sailings that call on Dubrovnik, guests are immersed in the daily life of the Mujo family—a traditional Lovorno Village family—who give National Geographic Day Tours guests exclusive access to their home to gain insight into local customs, culture, and traditions.
- Funchal from Past to Present – Photography Tour. Available on select May & November calls, learn about the unique photography legacy of Madeira Island through the eyes of a National Geographic photography guide.
- Influential Women in Turkey – From Past to Present. Available on select July & September 2023 voyages to Kusadasi, Turkey, visitors explore powerful female figures who have influenced the local Turkish society through the ages.
- Mykonos Tradition & Modernity – Photography Tour. Available on select June, July & September calls to this Greek island, learn the secrets of photography through customized tips from a National Geographic photography guide.
- A Deep Dive into Ancient Roman Life – Oplontis & Pompeii. Available on most August 2023 Italian Romance calls from Valletta to Civitavecchia (Rome), as well as calls to the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento, Italy, guests can discover ancient cities and learn about the daily lives of ancient Romans through these the well-preserved UNESCO World Heritage sites of Oplontis and Pompeii.
- Bluetopia: A Marine Biology Experience. On select June & October 2023 Israel & Greece itineraries that call on Rhodes, Greece, join marine biologist and Bluetopia founder to learn about the sustainability and conservation of the marine environment and its biodiversity, and the human threats to it.
- Meet the Locals in Santorini. On select June, July, September & October 2023 itineraries that call on this famed Greek isle, two local families of Santorini open the doors of their homes exclusively for National Geographic Day Tours travelers and tell their stories about living and working on the island of Santorini for generations.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.