Expanding its wide-ranging portfolio of offerings within new U.S. destinations including Washington D.C., and growing its tour selection in Chicago, Boston, NYC and more, City Experiences offers more than 150 sightseeing tours, food tours, and day trips through its Walks and Devour Tours brands.
NEW YORK, NY – In 2023, City Experiences is expanding its one-of-a-kind tours in major North American destinations through the award-winning international tour providers Walks and Devour Tours. In addition to adding new tours throughout 2022 to its existing offerings in New York City, San Francisco, and Niagara Falls, City Experiences increased its offerings in Chicago and Boston with seven new Walks and Devour tours. Additionally, Walks will bring its one-of-a-kind tours into Washington D.C. for the first time, with the launch of five brand new experiences.
“In addition to the expansion of Walks tours abroad, we are proud to continue growing our one-of-a-kind sightseeing and food tours across North America,” said Stephen Oddo, SVP Hornblower Group, President & Founder of Walks. “Whether guests are devouring the best bites in Boston or retracing George Washington’s steps at his Mount Vernon Estate, we aim to offer exciting experiences for everyone. We pair guests with the best local guides, giving them a unique perspective of world-famous sites, including the Statue of Liberty, Grand Central Terminal, Alcatraz and Niagara Falls. Walks and Devour Tours enhance City Experiences’ portfolio and together we look forward to being a go-to resource for travelers both at home and abroad this summer and fall.”
Within the last year, City Experiences has added over 25 new tours worldwide and will continue this growth with the addition of at least 40 more tours in 2023 across Europe and North America, offering over 150 tours worldwide. In partnership with some of the world’s top museums and monuments, including the Statue of Liberty, Grand Central Terminal, Niagara Falls, and more, Walks and Devour Tours offer exclusivity that travelers can’t find elsewhere. Most recently in North America, the tour group became the official Grand Central Terminal tour operator and last year, they expanded with an exclusive partnership with Niagara Falls (see tours below).
City Experiences offers the following new Walks & Devour tours in North America, which launched in the second half of 2022 or will launch throughout 2023:
- Walks: Mount Vernon Day Trip with VIP River Cruise & Lunch (Available starting April 14): Discover George Washington’s Mount Vernon on an expert-led full-day excursion with a gorgeous cruise down the Potomac River and picnic lunch on the boat.
- Walks: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier & Arlington Cemetery Tour (Available starting March 26): Honor the fallen servicemen and women interred at Arlington National Cemetery. Witness the Changing of the Guards ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, visit two president’s graves, the historic Arlington House and grounds, and piece together the expansive story of U.S. military history.
- Walks: Potomac River Cruise and Georgetown Tour (Available starting April 1): Combine a scenic cruise along the Potomac River followed by a walking tour of Georgetown with an expert guide to discover the sites frequented by President John F. Kennedy and a filming location for the Exorcist.
- Walks: National Mall Fully Guided Tour with Washington Monument Tickets (Available Now): Discover the full scope of U.S. history through Washington’s most iconic memorials and monuments along the National Mall. Climb to the top of the Washington Monument with pre-reserved tickets for breathtaking views of the nation’s capital.
- Walks: Skip the Line National Archives and US Capitol Tour (Available Starting April 13): Uncover the fascinating history of the birth of the US on this tour of the National Archives and US Capitol.
- Walks: Best of Chicago: First Elevator Access at Willis Skydeck, Architecture Cruise & Inside the Loop Tour (Available May 1): Experience Chicago from the sky, streets, and water as you discover the Windy City’s architectural marvels and hidden secrets.
- Walks: Art Institute of Chicago Exclusive Small Group Guided Tour (Available Now): Visit the Chicago Art Institute with an expert art historian and gain deeper insight into famous works by Van Gogh, Picasso, Monet, and more.
- Devour: Ultimate Chicago Food Tour: West Loop Neighborhood (Available Now): On this Chicago food tour, you’ll sink your teeth into tried-and-true local classics along with lesser-known gems in a neighborhood where the city’s most acclaimed chefs come to hone their craft at family-run favorites to trendy spots.
- Walks: Salem in a Day from Boston: The Legacy of Witches (Available starting May 28): Learn the true story behind the peculiar events of the 1692 Salem Witch Trials in this in-depth day tour of significant historical sites and pop culture destinations in Salem.
- Walks: Cape Cod in A Day from Boston: Pirates, Pilgrims and Lighthouses (Available starting May 26): Discover fascinating and foundational moments of American history in Cape Cod. Take in the stunning natural beauty, explore local shops and historical sites, and visit a local winery!
- Walks: Two if By Sea: Paul Revere’s VIP Freedom Trail Tour (Available starting March 31): Take part in Boston’s most robust Freedom Trail walk, hitting more sites than any other tour. Explore Old North Church—bell tower and all—with a private guide and walk in Paul Revere’s footsteps at his former North End home.
- Devour: Best of Boston: Freedom Trail & Boston Public Market Food Tour (Available starting April 3): Eat your way from Boston’s historic downtown all the way to the charming North End, stopping in local markets, historic restaurants, and charming eateries along the way.
New York City:
- Walks: Official Grand Central Tour (Available Now): From secret staircases to a one-time movie theater, there’s a lot more to Grand Central Terminal than meets the eye—and you’re about to discover it all firsthand. As for March, newly added audio tours in 9 different languages will be available as well as in-person tours at 11 and 3 pm.
- Devour: Ultimate San Francisco Food Tour: North Beach, Chinatown & Beyond (Available starting April 6): Step into historic family-run eateries in three iconic neighborhoods to discover the story of San Francisco through the dishes that have come to define the city.
- Walks: Niagara Underground: Power Station & Tunnel Under the Falls Tour (Available starting April 1): Experience Niagara’s newest attraction with visits to the Skylon Tower and Niagara Parks Power Station.
- Walks: Niagara at Night: Wine Tasting and Illumination Tower Experience (available May 27): Enjoy a tasting of local wines while overlooking Niagara Falls. For a vibrant twist, guests can illuminate the falls in colors of their choosing.
- Walks: Exclusive First on the Boat Niagara Falls Tour & Journey Behind the Falls (Available Now): Skip-the-line to be first on the boat at Niagara Falls, before an expertly guided walking tour featuring Table Rock, Horseshoe Falls, and special access to Journey Behind the Falls
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.