Read this article to learn how to obtain a UK visa from Dubai. You will know the required documents and step-by-step guide to follow.
The United Kingdom draws different visitors from Dubai for different reasons, from tourism, study, or work. The UK is a beautiful, secure, and economically thriving country.
If you are planning to visit the UK, unlike Western nationals and European nationals, Dubai residents are required to obtain a UK visa from Dubai to be allowed to enter the country. The type of visa you are required to obtain depends on the reason for your travel to the UK.
Applying for a UK visa from Dubai is easy, and you can do the application online. In this article, you will learn the steps to follow and apply for a UK visa, the documents you need to gather, the type of UK visa, and so much more.
How to apply for a UK visa
You need to follow the following steps and successfully apply for the UK visa without hassle.
Select the appropriate type of UK visa to apply.
As mentioned earlier, there are different types of UK visas, and you can apply depending on the reason for traveling to the UK. Below are the common UK visas you can apply for:
- UK Tourist Visa – this visa is meant for those who want t to travel to the UK to visit family or friends, medical, vacation, business, etc.
- UK Transit Visa- this visa is meant for those transiting through the UK to another destination or country.
- UK Work Visa – this visa is meant for those who want to work in the UK
- UK Study Visa – this visa is meant for those who want to enroll in an educational institution in the UK.
- Other visas. Other UK visas include family, investment visas, and others.
Collect the required documents
When submitting your application for a UK visa from Dubai, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- Photocopy of valid passport
- Company no objection certification letter (NOC)
- Two colored photographs were taken within the past six months.
- Proof you have the financial means to cover the living costs while in the UK.
- Proof of accommodation
- UAE residence visa
- TB certificate
- Flight ticket
- Emirates identity card
- Travel insurance
Submit you application
Now that you have selected the type of visa to apply for and gathered all the required documents, you can apply. You can apply for the visa through the UK immigration website.
However, the application process can be hectic. That is where the travel agency comes in to assist you in applying.
- Pay visa fee
- The fee you are required to pay for the visa depends on the type of visa you are applying for.
- Schedule a UK visa appointment.
- After you have scheduled your appointment online, you need to print out the email confirming your appointment details and bring it, along with the other needed documents, to the UK visa application center you have chosen to visit.
- You are required to submit Original copies of the documents required. Ensure the documents are in the right format because even a small mistake can sometimes cause much trouble.
- Note that you must make the appointment under your name and not under someone else’s name.
Attend the UK visa interview.
- You may be prompted to submit biometric information such as your photo and fingerprints
when you attend the interview.
- Everyone applying for a visa, including children, must appear at the center where applications are processed.
- Applicants who are younger than 18 years old are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Usual processing times for UK visitor visas
After the Visa Application Centre appointment, you can expect to hear about your visa within three weeks. But, when you choose priority services, you will hear about your visa application faster.
If you choose “Priority Visa,” you will hear back within five to seven working days. If you choose “Super Priority Visa,” on the other hand, you will get an answer within one business day.
Why did the UK visa application get rejected
You must avoid even making a small mistake when applying for a UK visa because the application will be rejected. While there are several reasons why you can have your UK visa application rejected, below are some of the main reasons:
- Failure to attach all required documents
- Applying for the type of visa you don’t meet the eligibility
- Failure to submit convincing documents you have financial means to support your expenses while in the
- Submitting fake or forged documents
- You had overstayed your previous UK visa
- You have a criminal record.
Following the steps above, applying for a UK visa from Dubai is easy. The application process can be confusing; hence, you should consult a travel agency to assist you in submitting your application.
While the travel agency handles your visa application and paperwork, you can focus on other parts of getting ready for your trip, like packing your bags for the exciting days you’ll spend in the UK and appreciating its classic beauty.