Properties feature curated artwork, luxury furnishings, local amenities and more, all available to purchase via in-home technology.
OSLO, NORWAY – A-One is a new vacation rental platform offering exclusive homes with personal services in Oslo, Norway. Complete with round-the-clock concierge, daily housekeeping, luxury amenities, and innovative services, A-One offers a personalized hospitality experience for travelers looking for enhanced privacy and a larger living space than afforded by traditional hotels. A-One’s exceptional houses and apartments are designed by renowned architects and showcase a wide collection of art from both Norwegian and international artists in a variety of mediums. A unique offering, A-One’s curated collection of furniture, art, interior finishings, amenities, and even the homes themselves are all available for purchase. Located in sought-after locations in Oslo, the neighborhood and surroundings of the rental are an important part of the overall travel experience allowing guests to experience the culture as a local. From scenic nature views, natural lighting, soothing interiors, and other aesthetically pleasing elements to functional amenities that encourage healthy nutrition, activity and sleep, all properties also have a conscious focus on the WELL philosophy: an environment that enhances physical, mental, and social health. Additionally, enhanced privacy is afforded by discreet and private access to the apartments and homes.
- Exclusive Services: A highlight of A-One’s rentals is its enhanced hospitality services. The entire experience is personalized from booking until check out. Upon arrival, all guests are greeted by a representative from A-One to assist with luggage, provide a tour, and complete any immediate requests. A personal concierge is introduced to assist with restaurant reservations, arranging activities and private tours, transportation, and more. The A-One concierge team shares local gems and the idiosyncrasies only local experts know to create a unique getaway. Daily housekeeping is also included. To assist in all services, an iPad allows guests to seamlessly request items to their home, order food and beverage, view restaurant and activity recommendations, plan services, and even shop the property.
- Art & Design: All A-One homes have been designed with a curated art and designer furniture collection. With a value of approximately $500,000 USD, artwork within the homes is made up of A-One ownership’s private collection as well as additional pieces curated by contemporary art gallery Gallery Brandstrup. Both local Norwegian artists and others of international acclaim are featured, including Stein Erik Haga Kristensen, Marina Abramović, Fredrik Raddum, Dag Alveng, and Eirik Sæther. Standout art in a variety of mediums includes vases from Benny Motzfeldt, Norway’s most renowned glass artist; jewelry designed by Norwegian goldsmith and pioneer of Norwegian jewelry art Konrad Mehus; neo expressionistic paintings by Bjarne Melgaard; bronze sculptures from Sverre Bjertnes; pieces from Norwegian sculptor, painter, and graphic artist Kjell Nupen; as well as the Vespa limited edition 946 Christian Dior scooter. In addition to the artwork, elegant interiors include a collection of furniture from the leading Scandinavian modern furniture store, Expo Nova. Valued at over $500,000 USD across the properties, brands include Poliform, B&B Italy, Cassina, Foggia, ClassiCon, and Flos. The rentals themselves are also of unique design; a highlight, Little Venice where the fjord flows right past the apartment’s terrace and floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Shop: In addition to premium features inside the homes, all hand-picked furniture, artwork, local amenities, linens, and décor pieces are available for purchase. By using the in-property iPads, guests can directly purchase anything within the property to take or have shipped home. Highlights for purchase include designer furniture from brands such as B&B Italy and Foggia, exclusive artwork including a custom Christian Dior Vespa, and even the home itself. Each home within the platform highlights their location in the sought-after neighborhoods, allowing the innovative shopping experience component to celebrate the local surroundings, designers, and artists.
- WELL Standard: Facilitating holistic physical, mental, and social well-being, A-One’s homes have been designed and outfitted in accordance with WELL standards. Aesthetically pleasing environmental elements as well as in-home functional amenities encourage travelers to Stay Well. Beginning with the architecture and views, to lighting, colors, materials, furniture, and decor, each home is carefully selected to elicit relaxation. Dyson air purifiers capture and remove dust, allergens, gasses, odors, and other ultra-fine pollutants. Additionally, each home is equipped with an aroma diffuser with 100% natural essential oils, ultra-comfort beds adorned in linens from Rivolta Carmignani, wake-up light that simulates the sunrise, bathrobes from Rivolta Carmignani, and more. Antioxidant-rich natural ingredients in Sprekenhus body care protect and nourish the skin. Guests can also participate in activities that promote wellness such as immersive yoga sessions through Rflex within select homes.
- Culinary Offerings: Ideal for longer term stays and families, A-One’s properties all feature a complete kitchen with stove, oven, dishwasher, wine cooler, and more. Additionally, in the minibar, guests can find seasonal fresh juices and kombucha from local green restaurant group Lett. Other grocery items can be arranged prior to arrival and throughout one’s stay based on individual preferences. In partnership with Furset Gruppen, one of the leading restaurant groups in Norway founded by renowned chef Bjørn Tore Furset, A-One can also arrange for a private chef for select meals or full time. Chefs are skilled in all cuisines and dietary restrictions.
- Homes: A-One’s portfolio currently consists of six exclusive homes in the Bjørvika and Frogner neighborhoods of Oslo. Homes include The Dance of Life, a two bedroom/ two bathroom elegant apartment on the seventh floor offering views of the fjord and Munch Museum; Little Venice, a two bedroom/two bathroom home where the fjord flows right past the apartment’s terrace and floor-to-ceiling windows; Villa Sunshine, a two bedroom/two bathroom architect-designed townhouse with a large outdoor dining area; Sommerro Garden, a one bedroom/one bathroom featuring a private garden located in the residential section of Sommerro, Oslo’s newest hotel; and Sommerro Elegance, a two bedroom/two bathroom also located in Sommerro with a private balcony and large open floor plan. For long term stays, A-One offers a new architect-designed penthouse apartment in Bygdøy, a prime location in western Oslo. Løchenveien 30 features all the services of A-One including a personal concierge and luxury amenities. All A-One homes are in neighborhoods that invoke a local feel and ensure ultimate privacy for guests. The properties are ideal for families, short and long term stays, corporate travel, special occasions and getaways, and more.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.