Uniting the Travel Industry for Positive Change during Climate Week NYC
NEW YORK, NY – Regenerative Travel Summit is set to take place on September 20, 2023, as part of Climate Week in New York. This flagship event, held annually, will assemble leading experts and visionaries from the travel industry to delve into groundbreaking solutions and envision a future where travel becomes a catalyst for positive change, prioritizing sustainability and regenerative practices that foster environmental and community well-being. Emphasizing diverse and global perspectives, the summit will challenge participants to collaboratively build an industry that creates abundance for all.
This year’s event features an impressive lineup of speakers including:
- Alejandra Lievano, Executive Director of Casa Múcura
- Alexia Akbay, Founder of Chief Executive Officer of Symbrosia
- Anthony Karefa Rogers-Wright, Director of Environmental Justice at New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
- Bill Reed, Principal at Regenesis Group
- Brittany DeGirolamo, CEO and Founder of Phocus Creative
- Ewald Biemans, Owner and CEO of Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort
- Gregory Constantine, Co-Founder & CEO, Air Company
- Iván Eskildsen Alfaro, Former Minister of Tourism of Panama
- Jeff Tkach, CEO of Rodale Institute (KEYNOTE)
- Jeremy Raguain, Communications and Outreach Coordinator at Seychelles Islands Foundation
- Katie Hoffman, Partner at Regeneration VC
- Nicole Robinson, Chief Marketing Office of AndBeyond
- Melita Koulmandas – CEO and Founder of Song Saa Collective
- Natasha Berg, Founder of Tru Story
- O’Shannon Burns, Program Manager at Cornell University
- Renee Kimball, Owner of Tranquilo Bay
- Robyn Woodhead, Founder of White Desert Antarctica
- Tessa Lee, Senior Manager of Climate and Sustainability at Expedia Group
- Vishal Kumar, Waste Warrior Society
The Summit is supported by esteemed partners, including Davines, Yoga Trade, Circle Harbor Line, and Billion Oyster Project. Additionally, renowned media partners like Fathom, Globetrender, TTG Media, and Luxe City Guides will be providing media coverage and amplifying the event’s impact.
The Regenerative Travel Impact Awards 2023 will be celebrated for the first time in person at the Summit and aims to recognize individuals and projects that promote positive change in people’s lives, communities, and the world. The awards seek to identify and celebrate inspiring change makers working to solve significant challenges, both within and beyond the travel industry.
Regenerative Travel will be collecting donations towards EQTR, a non-profit organization that aims to promote entrepreneurship and leadership in the luxury travel industry for BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ college-age individuals, in order to achieve equity in representation from marginalized communities and reflect the diversity of the industry’s clientele.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.