The tremendous growth momentum of Tru by Hilton continues with five new U.S. hotel openings and a Brooklyn property expected by year’s end
MCLEAN, VA. – This October, Tru by Hilton, Hilton’s game-changing, midscale brand, welcomed new hotels in North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Virginia. Together, the five new Tru by Hilton locations in the U.S. have pushed the seven-years-young brand past a milestone of 250 open hotels.
Since its record-breaking debut in 2016, Tru by Hilton continues to appeal to domestic and international owners and developers, with nearly 275 hotels in the pipeline, including Tru by Hilton Brooklyn, the brand’s first New York City property.
Developed from the ground up using consumer and owner feedback, Tru by Hilton is designed to appeal to a broad spectrum of travelers. Ideal for leisure or business travel, Tru by Hilton offers guests a consistent, enjoyable experience at an affordable price. Hotels have reimagined lobbies offering everything from board games to a build-your-own “Top It” breakfast bar featuring an automatic pancake maker, activated by a wave of the hand.
Guest rooms are bright and efficiently designed with the amenities most important to travelers, such as rolling desks and spacious bathrooms. To help guests immerse themselves and experience the local neighborhood, each hotel showcases custom mural art and a Tru-ly Local Wall that highlights the best attractions and must-see and do activities in the area.
“I’m extremely proud of Tru by Hilton’s impressive growth not only in the United States but internationally in Canada, as well as the Caribbean and Latin America,” said Andrew Harp, brand leader, Tru by Hilton. “Our goal is to provide everything guests want, delivering the essentials consistently and reliably in a fun environment. Each of our new locations is an opportunity to treat guests to the caliber of stay that has become synonymous with the brand. As Tru continues to grow, we look forward to extending our warm hospitality to even more travelers, making every stay a memorable one.”
Tru’s first New York City hotel, slated to debut at the end of 2023, will be located in Brooklyn’s Gowanus neighborhood, which features bustling shops, restaurants and nightlife. Tru by Hilton Brooklyn will be a short walk from notable landmarks, including Prospect Park, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Botanic Garden and Barclays Center, where guests can enjoy concerts and sports events year-round. The property joins five additional Tru-branded properties to debut as 2023 draws to a close. These new hotels include:
- Tru by Hilton Chesapeake Greenbrier, Chesapeake, Virginia: The newly opened Tru by Hilton Chesapeake Greenbrier is located off I-64 in the bustling business district. The 87-room hotel is conveniently located near the Greenbrier Mall, Chesapeake Conference Center, Greenbrier Sports Park, and Canon Information Technology Services and Regent University.
- Tru by Hilton Christiansburg, Christiansburg, Virginia: Surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, Tru by Hilton Christiansburg is a close drive to Virginia Tech University, Christiansburg Aquatic Center, and Radford University. For adventure-seekers, the 82-room hotel is near the Blue Ridge Parkway, New River and Huckleberry Trail, where guests can mountain bike, ski, zip line and more.
- Tru by Hilton North Richland Hills DFW West, North Richland Hills, Texas: Tru by Hilton North Richland Hills DFW West is the perfect family-friendly destination as it’s located near NRH20 Family Water Park, North East Mall and Fossil Creek Park, which boasts multiple hiking trails. The 82-room property is a few miles from the heart of Fort Worth and AT&T Stadium. After a fun day out and about, guests can unwind at the heated indoor pool.
- Tru by Hilton Santee, Santee, South Carolina: Tru by Hilton Santee is conveniently located near Santee National Golf Course and Lake Marion Golf Course. After a day out on the links, guests can return to the 93-room hotel and enjoy the indoor heated pool, fitness center and game tables, or take a short drive to the bustling downtown with local shops, restaurants and nightlife.
- Tru by Hilton Leland Wilmington, Leland, North Carolina: Tru by Hilton Leland Wilmington is perfectly situated near parks, golf courses and beaches. The 99-room hotel is less than 10 minutes from Battleship North Carolina, Westgate Nature Park and Belville Riverwalk Park, and only a short drive to Cape Fear National Golf Course at Brunswick and Magnolia Greens Golf Course. Guests can unwind at the indoor pool, or head out to Carolina Beach, which is a 30-minute drive.
Tru by Hilton is part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s distinct hotel brands. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Members also enjoy popular digital tools available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app, where Hilton Honors members can check in, choose their room and access their room using a Digital Key.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.