The Madeira Islands are ready to welcome travelers to its slice of paradise this Spring season with zero entry requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers!
While there are no restrictions for travelers entering Madeira, it is still recommended that visitors register to 'Madeira Safe'.
Use of a COVID-19 Protection Mask:
- Masks are required in open or closed spaces for those over the age of six.
- Testing is only required if needed for the return to the country of origin. Cost for testing will be at the visitors own expense.
- Testing is advised if there are symptoms, including high temperature (=/+100.4ºF), vaccinated or not. In these cases, testing is free of charge.
Patients with COVID-19:
- For those that test positive for COVID-19, a mandatory five-day quarantine is required. This quarantine can be done at the home or hotel establishment where the traveler is staying, and will be at the traveler's own expense.
- After five days of quarantine, travelers can return to the community on the 6th day. It is not required to get another COVID-19 test if they do not show symptoms
Access to restaurants, bars and similar, clubs, gyms, and sports, cultural, social or recreational activities:
- It is up to each facility's discretion on whether or not they require guests to present proof of vaccination or a Recovery Certificate. Therefore, it is suggested that travelers carry this with them.