Travelport announced the first 1,000 hotels offering Travelport’s negotiated corporate-friendly rates to the company’s corporate travel agency customers. Located in 48 countries, participating hotels in the Travelport Exclusive Rates program will offer negotiated rates with at least one element exclusive to the Travelport Travel Commerce Platform.
These offers are negotiated directly by Travelport with the hotel, providing agencies that may not be able to secure these special rates themselves, the benefit of Travelport’s scale. Accessed via its industry leading point of sale tool, Travelport Smartpoint, Travelport Exclusive Rates can be found directly in the agent workflow, thereby saving time and increasing efficiency. With a focus on areas that corporate travellers are most likely to travel to, primarily the main European cities, the program is the only such hotel offer available through a travel commerce platform and includes four and five star hotels in Europe, Asia, USA, Africa and Latin America.
When manually searching hotels and also using Travelport’s rate audit tool, Travelport Exclusive Rates have been found to be less expensive and contain more exclusive elements, such as included breakfast or more favourable cancellation terms, in 80% of cases. In the other 20% of the searches, the hotel offered an enhanced agency commission or other benefit to the traveller.
Natalie Griffiths, Revenue & Systems Manager at Corus & Laura Ashley Hotels said: “Participating in the Travelport Exclusive Rate program has not only enabled us to widen our scope of distribution, it has also facilitated in shifting some of the advance OTA bookings to more profitable corporate business.”
Julia Clark, Head of Systems and Process at Clarity, commented: “Travelport Exclusive Rates adds great value to our clients and helps drive our agent’s performance by providing more and better depth of content to our clients. The implementation was smooth and seamless and the information provided by Travelport made it easy to inform all the branches of this new addition.”
Niklas Andreen, Vice President and Managing Director, Global Hospitality and Digital at Travelport added: “We’re delighted to offer this unique program to our customers. It’s a real timesaver for agents, driving their performance and offering everything they need in one place through seamless integration into the Travelport platform. It will help agents increase attachment rates and stay competitive by always offering the best rates available to travellers.”
Travelport Exclusive Rates are available to B2B agencies on Travelport Apollo, Travelport Galileo, and Travelport Worldspan, and through a variety of Travelport point-of-sale products including Travelport Smartpoint and Travelport uAPI by adding the rate access code 4TM to a hotel search.