1. Wine roads. This comprises a two-part series of programmes for the travelling connoisseur. The first group concerns those interested in Greek wines and involves visits to wineries. The second offers trips to both wineries and archaeological sites. Conducted in English, the programmes combine Greek hospitality with scientific knowledge provided by experts. Greek snacks, or mezedes, accompany each wine tasting.
2. The olive: A life source. This programme is based on the olive and virgin olive oil. Tours are conducted in Crete, Mani, Amfissa and Lesvos in cooperation with olive producers who organise visits to olive presses, both old and new. Crete is especially popular as it has traditional style olive presses. Those who travel in November or December have the opportunity to follow the annual harvesting of Greece`s prized produce.
3. Programmes of religious interest. Aside from the itineraries La Greca offers which are known as In the footsteps of Apostle Paul, the service has also organised religious tours of churches for Catholics, Evangelists, Jewish, Masonites and so forth. For 2000, especial emphasis has been given to the successful itinerary The Jewish heritage.
4. Greek art. These programmes are based on trips to ceramics factories, art exhibitions and sculptors` studios. Organised in conjuction with the School of Fine Arts, lectures are offered as are demonstrations of practical applications, lessons and seminars. A teacher from the school runs an art programme on the isle of Hydra.
5. Mediterranean and Greek cuisine. Much interest has been expressed of late in the Mediterranean style of cooking, particularly by European television stations which demonstrate the healthfulness of the cuisine that is based on fresh vegetables, greens, herbs, pulses etc. La Greca has brought together experts who offer lessons in cooking pies, stuffed vegetables, moussaka, stuffed vine leaves and other typically Greek dishes.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.