Holland America Line’s 2025 European season is open for booking, offering diverse, destination-focused itineraries. With extended cruises, more Iceland sailings, and 62 overnight calls or late departures in leading European cities, travelers are encouraged to immerse in culture and landscapes. Rotterdam reemerges as a homeport, including voyages to Northern Europe and the Baltic.
SEATTLE, WASH. – Holland America Line’s 2025 European season is open for booking, and travelers will be able to broaden their horizons like never before on the most diverse, destination-focused itineraries in the industry. With an increase in cruises over 10 days, more sailings to Iceland and a combined 62 overnight calls or late-night departures in leading European cities, Holland America Line is enticing travelers to become immersed in the culture, history and landscapes of the region.
New in 2025, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, returns as a homeport for Holland America Line, hosting Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam on roundtrip voyages to Northern Europe and the Baltic. The cruise line also features more itineraries to trending hot spots like the Holy Land region, Iberia and Iceland. A new 28-day “Arctic Circle Crossing” Legendary Voyage showcases the pristine backdrop of Greenland’s glaciers and wildlife with five calls in the country and visits to Iceland, North Cape and Scotland.
“For Holland America Line, Europe 2025 is all about longer cruises, extended time in port and offering the most diverse range of itineraries from weeklong vacations to monthlong explorations,” said Beth Bodensteiner, chief commercial officer of Holland America Line. “We have 10 departure cities this season, and we are excited to be back homeporting in Rotterdam with two ships, deepening our connection to our founding city. Anyone looking to explore Europe in-depth will be able to find a Holland America Line cruise tailored to their interests, whether it’s beach, history, nature, architecture, fjords, castles or cuisine.”
From April to November, Oosterdam joins Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam for a full season in Europe, while Zuiderdam sails the popular 35-day “Voyage of the Vikings.” The port-intensive itineraries range from seven to 42 days and are designed for destination immersion. Spanning the entire region, cruises visit the Baltic, British Isles, Canary Islands, French and Spanish rivieras, Israel, Mediterranean and Northern Europe, including Iceland, Greenland and Norway.
Highlights of Holland America Line’s 2025 Europe cruising season include:
- 10 Departure Cities, Including Rotterdam: Rotterdam and Amsterdam, the Netherlands; Barcelona, Spain; Boston, Massachusetts; Civitavecchia (Rome) and Trieste (Venice), Italy; Dover (London), England; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Reykjavik, Iceland; and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
New in 2025, Holland America Line is adding 10 roundtrip Dover itineraries aboard Nieuw Statendam ranging from 14 to 28 days, offering a convenient embarkation homeport for British guests.
- 11 Overnight Ports: Alexandria, Egypt; Barcelona; Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel; Istanbul, Turkey; Newhaven (Edinburgh), Scotland; Reykjavik; Piraeus (Athens) and Rhodes, Greece; Stockholm, Sweden; Trieste (Venice); and Valletta, Malta.
- 32 Late-Evening Departure Cities (between 10 p.m. and midnight): Alesund, Norway; Ashdod (Jerusalem) and Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel; Barcelona and Malaga, Spain; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Cannes, France; Civitavecchia (Rome), Portoferraio, Portofino and Trieste (Venice), Italy; Dubrovnik and Korcula, Croatia; Dún Laoghaire (Dublin), Ireland; Funchal, Madeira; Gibraltar, UK; Greenock (Glasgow) and South Queensferry (Edinburgh), Scotland; Kotor, Montenegro; Kusadasi, Turkey; Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada; Lisbon; Liverpool and Portland (Weymouth), England; Kerkira (Corfu) and Mykonos, Greece; Port Said (Cairo), Egypt; Reykjavik; St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada; Tallinn, Estonia; Valletta; and Warnemunde (Berlin), Germany.
- Rotterdam returns to Northern Europe in 2025 cruising out of its namesake city with roundtrip sailings from Rotterdam:
– Seven-day Norway and Denmark; Norwegian Fjords
– Seven- or 14-day Norway and Scotland
– Seven-day between Rotterdam and Reykjavik to Norway and Iceland
– 14-day Norway, Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Estonia and Sweden
– 14-day Norway Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland and Sweden
- Nieuw Statendam offers Northern Europe cruises to the Baltic, British Isles, Norway up to the North Cape, and the Northern Isles of Scotland and Iceland. The itineraries range from 14 to 28 days and sail roundtrip from Rotterdam.
– New Legendary Voyage: A 28-day “Arctic Circle Crossing” departs June 29, roundtrip from Rotterdam. The cruise features 15 ports in Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Scotland and England; passage through the Arctic Circle to the North Cape; scenic cruising through Iceland’s fjords; and four maiden calls in Greenland: Ittoqqortoormiit, Sisimiut, Ilulissat and Nuuk.
-14-Day “Arctic Circle Crossing: Edinburgh Evening Stay” is roundtrip from Rotterdam. Highlights of the cruise include spending Summer Solstice at the North Cape with 24 hours of sunlight, along with a total of five calls in Norway. The cruise also visits the Shetland Islands, England and Scotland, with a late-night departure from Edinburgh.
- Oosterdam will sail the entire 2025 Europe season in the Mediterranean on cruises from four homeports: Piraeus (Athens), Barcelona, Civitavecchia (Rome) and Trieste (Venice). The itineraries range from seven- to 14-days and cover the eastern and western Mediterranean, including Albania, Croatia, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Malta, Montenegro, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Nieuw Statendam sails 14-day cruises between Barcelona and Civitavecchia (Rome) and Piraeus (Athens), and roundtrip from Piraeus. The itineraries head to the eastern Med, including Italy, Egypt, Turkey, Croatia, Malta, Montenegro and Greece.
- Nieuw Statendam explores the Holy Land in October on a 14-day cruise roundtrip from Piraeus (Athens) that visits Cyprus, Israel, Turkey and Greece, with overnights at Haifa and Rhodes.
- Nieuw Statendam visits the Canary Islands on a 14-day Canary Island Enchantment with Morocco & Portugal cruise departing April 20, 2025, roundtrip from Rotterdam, also including ports in Morocco, Madeira, Portugal and England.
- The popular “Voyage of the Vikings” returns in 2025 aboard Zuiderdam. Departing July 19, the 35-day adventure sails roundtrip from Boston and calls at ports in Maine, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Norway. The itinerary also is offered in 17- and 18-day segments from Boston to Rotterdam or from Rotterdam to Boston.
- In April, Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam cross the Atlantic Ocean from Fort Lauderdale to Rotterdam; Oosterdam crosses from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona.
- In October and November Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam and Oosterdam sail to Fort Lauderdale via Civitavecchia, Rotterdam and Barcelona, respectively.
Collectors’ Voyages Combine Non-Repeating Itineraries
Many of the cruises can be extended into Collectors’ Voyages, which offer the ultimate European exploration. By combining two seven-day itineraries, a seven- and 14-day cruises or longer non-repeating voyages, these artfully crafted journeys up to 42 days combine back-to-back sailings, enabling guests to visit more ports and spend extra time discovering centuries of art, history and culture.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.