Leaders representing major international cruise lines gather at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, FL, 28-29 March.
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. – Seatrade Cruise, the industry’s leading platform for collaborating, innovating and connecting, announces details of its State of the Cruise F&B Industry Keynote, set to kick off the inaugural edition of F&[email protected], 28-29 March 2023, at Port Everglades’ Terminal 2 in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Representing the four major cruise lines, executives from the food and beverage sector will headline the panel delving into industry initiatives, solutions and fostering unity in ever-changing times.
Taking place from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 28 March, the event’s opening session brings together industry leaders to discuss some of the pain points revolving around labor, regulations and changes in the supply chain due to the current climate. Moderated by Deputy Editor of Food & Wine, Melanie Hansche, the dynamic dialogue taps those at the helm of the sector’s leading F&B programs to gain insight on overcoming these challenges and continuing to excel in the years to come; whilst continually striving towards more sustainable sourcing, operations and experience.
Featured panelists include:
- Richard Morse, Senior Vice President, Food & Beverage, Carnival Cruise Line
- Cornelius Gallagher Jr., Vice President, Food & Beverage Operations, Celebrity Cruises
- Wes Cort, Vice President, Food & Beverage Operations, Norwegian Cruise Line
- Jacques Van Staden, Senior Vice President, Food & Beverage, MSC Cruises
“It’s an exciting honor to bring forth our first-ever State of the Cruise F&B Industry Keynote to our cruise community and our many shipboard and shoreside partners in the food and beverage space,” says Chiara Giorgi, Global Brand and Event Director for Seatrade Cruise. “We’re proud to welcome an incredible lineup of renowned experts to the Seatrade stage to shine a spotlight on this multibillion-dollar sector which is an essential pillar of the cruise experience.”
Among practical demos and interactive content by top chefs and mixologists, notable panels include discussions on emerging beverage trends and the rise of chef-driven dining concepts at sea.
A Look at Chef-Driven F&B Programs at Sea
Bringing well-regarded, chef-driven F&B concepts to sea can provide obvious marketing benefits and drive bookings, but the inherent challenges in transitioning those brands to a shipboard environment must be navigated cautiously and skillfully. This session offers lessons from experts in the field including:
- Rob Floyd, Celebrity Mixologist & Liquid Chef, Cocktail Ambassador at Rob Floyd Entertainment, Princess Cruises
- Sami Kohen, Vice President, Food & Beverage at Princess Cruises
- Rudi Sodamin, Head of Culinary Art & MasterChef, Chairman and Founder of the Culinary Council at Princess Cruises, Holland America Line
Taste Beverage Trends
From low ABV to zero proof cocktails, to nutrient-rich beverages and vibrant herbs and spices, this session offers invaluable insights from leaders in the beverage industry, dissecting many of the innovative trends taking off in the coming years. Featured panelists include:
- Luis Ortega, Director, Beverage Development & Operations, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
- Zachary Sulkes, Senior Director, Beverage Operations, Carnival Cruise Line
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.