WASHINGTON, DC, USA – The Events Industry Council’s (EIC) Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) programme is recognised around the world as a badge of excellence in the events industry. EIC announced 55 professionals who earned their CMP designation in March 2021. View the full list here.
“I want to congratulate EIC’s most recent class of CMPs. At a time such as this for our industry, it is inspiring to bear witness to the effort put forth by these global business event professionals, demonstrating their passion, commitment to excellence and to continued learning through EIC’s CMP programme,” said Amy Calvert, Events Industry Council CEO. “These leaders are a testament to our industry’s relevance and resilience and they are well-positioned to support our industry’s recovery and future.”
The programme was launched by EIC in 1985. EIC initiated the CMP-HC subspecialty in 2014. Both provide continuing education, increase professionalism, and enhance career opportunities in all sectors of the industry by:
- Identifying a comprehensive body of knowledge in the meeting management profession.
- Promoting industry standards, practices, and ethics.
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management.
- Increasing the value of CMPs to their employers.
- Maximising the value received from the products and services provided by CMPs.
EIC expanded testing options in 2020, including year-round testing and remote proctoring, as part of ongoing efforts to support industry professionals seeking to earn this designation.
More than 11,000 meeting professionals from 40 nations hold the CMP or CMP-HC designation.