CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO – Mexico Grand Hotels, the family-owned hospitality group behind Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, Vista Encantada Spa Resort & Residences, and Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa, announces CASALIMPIA, advanced health and hygiene program to ensure guests’ safety as the properties prepare to reopen in June.
CASALIMPIA prioritizes additional health protocol in addition to strict existing standards across all resorts, including common areas, all restaurants, kitchens and bars, guest rooms, activities, fitness centers, spas and all behind-the-scenes operations, to ensure Mexico Grand Hotels continues offering the comfortable, familial atmosphere visitors and owners have loved for over 25 years.
“The CASALIMPIA program will ensure our resorts and residences continue to be our guests’ favorite destination and make the Mexico Grand Hotels experience better than ever for visitors and staff. We look forward to welcoming guests back to their home away from home,” said Gabriel Ibarra, director of sales and marketing.
The new enhanced measures implemented immediately across all Mexico Grand Hotels properties include:
Staff Safety Protocols:
- All staff members will enter a sanitizing cabin and pass temperature checks upon entering and exiting the resorts.
- On-site medical professionals are available to assist anyone experiencing any symptom identified by health experts related to the virus.
- Personal hygiene guidance and outlines have been provided.
- Hand-washing stations and antibacterial gel have been placed throughout work areas.
- Tools and work areas will be disinfected on a strict schedule and after use.
- Protective equipment will be mandatory, which varies by area but must include face protection and gloves.
Front Desk and Check-In Protocols:
- Upon arriving at the resort, guest luggage will be sanitized before being delivered to guest suite/villa.
- Medical professionals are on-site to assist owners and guests arriving and to check temperatures of each person arriving.
- The check-in process has been streamlined to eliminate queues; the process can be carried out in the main lobbies and private open-seating areas will be created to prevent queues.
- Acrylic shields have been placed on front-office counters or desks to protect guests and staff.
Resort & In-Suite Protocols:
- A comprehensive, general sanitization by a certified third party will be performed prior to reopening, as well as afterward on a periodic basis, according to the recommendations of health authorities.
- Hand-sanitizing stations have been placed in high-traffic areas throughout the resorts such as front desk, elevators & restaurant entrances, restrooms and other public areas.
- Daily use of certified sanitization products and electrostatic sprayers to enhance cleaning and disinfection protocols, focused on common surfaces such as elevator, front desk, public restrooms, entrance doors, etc.
- Shoe-sanitizing mats have been placed on main entrances such as lobby, restaurants, fitness center & spa.
- Signage in public spaces reminding guests of important personal hygiene practices.
- Social distancing measures are in place throughout the resort, golf carts to rooms are limited capacity and not shared, guests per elevator capacity has been decreased.
- Sanitizing gel will be available in-suite.
- Daily use of certified sanitization products and electrostatic sprayers to enhance cleaning and disinfection protocols.
- Increased cleaning schedules of door handles at suites to assure all spaces are clean and secure.
- Reviewing and increasing the frequency and rigor of existing laundry cleaning and sanitizing procedures for linen and towels.
- Paper amenities, pens, and magazines will be removed from rooms (available on request).
- All housekeeping staff will wear protective gear including facemasks and gloves.
Public Areas and Amenities Protocols:
- Poolside loungers will be split into groups and spaced further apart.
- All common-area tables and chairs have been rearranged for more space between.
- All poolside food and beverage servers will wear protective gear.
- Sanitization of equipment in Fitness Centers as well as in wet areas in Spa after each use.
- Maximum capacity set for Fitness Center and maximum capacity reduced for Spa.
Restaurant and Dining Protocols:
Special schedules have been created to ensure rigorous cleaning of guest areas and kitchen areas; these include:
- Tables and chairs cleaned after each seating
- Kitchen cleaned and disinfected daily
- All culinary team members, restaurant staff & personnel will practice extra sanitation guidelines including wearing protective gear and preparation of dishes according to guidelines under the Distintivo H program.
- Hosts/hostesses have created reservation options to eliminate wait times.
- Tables have been spaced to respect social distancing requirements.
- Self-service stations have been adjusted to require an attendant to assist wearing the correct equipment.
- Contactless room service available.
- Physical menus will be removed; menus will be available on display formats and on mobile devices.
- In addition to the new safety protocols, Mexico Grand Hotels’ Worry-Free booking policy provides guests more flexibility by allowing them to cancel a reservation 24 hours before arrival.