UNITES STATES - SSP America, a division of SSP Group, a leading operator of food and beverage brands in travel locations worldwide, announces the opening of Capitol Hill Food Hall at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA). Located on Concourse A between Gates A5 and A6, this 7,077 square feet food hall replicates the feeling of a well-known Seattle foodie neighborhood and brings that lively, multifaceted experience to the modern traveler.
“Capitol Hill is one of the most delicious neighborhoods in Seattle,” said Dawn Hunter, senior manager for airport dining and retail at SEA. "Locavores will delight in the eateries inside Capitol Hill Food Hall pouring Washington wines, serving gourmet grab-and-go, and will be able to get their fixes for local coffee cravings. The menu choices here are Instagram-worthy.”
The SSP owned boutique concept merges the artisanal flair of the Capitol Hill neighborhood with convenience, multiple local food and craft beverage choices, comfortable seating, and – most unusual for an airport – a dedicated performance space for live music. The beautiful and easy to navigate area of multiple stations creates a lively communal space for eating, drinking, shopping and socializing, making the airport experience as enjoyable as the destination.
“This sort of blurring experience is an emerging restaurant trend that we’re delighted to bring to Seattle,” said Sebastiaan Rotteveel, Sr. Director of Restaurant Development & Innovation for SSP America, whose vision made the Capitol Hill Food Hall a reality. “Blurring means everything all together, no barriers between your needs. Why should travelers have to spend time and energy finding every different thing their family or group wants when we can bring it together for them, and make their airport visit so much better?”
The Capitol Hill Food Hall, open between 4 a.m. and 10 p.m. every day, includes the following restaurants and vendors:
- Caffe Ladro - a locally owned Specialty Coffee Roaster that just celebrated its 25 year anniversary
- The Bakery - serving fresh-made gourmet sandwiches from local Seattle bakeries
- Pizza Vino - a SSP boutique restaurant serving a vast variety of artisanal pizzas and stromboli
- Chowder Shack - serving award-winning traditional and specialty seafood chowders and bisques from Pike’s Place Chowder, a local institution
- True Burger Co., - a SSP boutique gourmet burger concept, serving novelty spins to America’s favorite sandwich
- The General Store - selling food-related items such as regional craft sodas and cold-pressed juices, sweet and savory snacks
- Salt & Straw - family-run ice cream company that makes handmade, unbelievably delicious ice creams
- Tap & Pour - a bar with local and regional libations, craft brews, regional wines, cocktails and bourbon and whiskey flights
"A great food market reflects a city’s heart,” added Rotteveel. “To be able to capture that taste of place for airport visitors to enjoy, whether they ever leave the airport or not, is always the goal of SSP America.”
The opening of Capitol Hill Food Hall brings a total of ten restaurants plus kiosks that SSP America currently operates in SEA.