The resort will debut the first phase of this renovation by the end of 2023 with all-new interiors organically inspired by the vibrant colors of the surrounding nature and rich Creole culture.
Club Med, the pioneer of the all-inclusive concept, has announced that Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek in Martinique will be undergoing extensive renovations highlighting significant changes to the rooms, reception area, main restaurant, and bar slated for Fall 2023.
Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek originally opened in 1969, making the property the first Club Med village to open in “the Americas” and the first “large-scale” hotel on the island. Tucked away in the large coconut groves of Martinique facing Diamond Rock, this French Caribbean resort stands out along the beautiful coastline surrounded by turquoise waters and offers its guests new Creole adventures through culinary experiences and cultural activities. Guests will quickly learn why this island is referred to as the Island of Flowers due to the rich colors and vibrate florals surrounding the property.
The property will undergo a significant refresh to rejuvenate the resort and enhance the overall guest experience that represents an important step in Club Med’s global commitment to evolving the brand to a more upscale experience. The resort will debut the first phase of this renovation by the end of 2023 with all-new interiors organically inspired by the vibrant colors of the surrounding nature and rich Creole culture.
Here is what guests can expect:
- Refreshed Accommodations: 139 existing rooms will undergo a complete refresh with all new modern furniture and decorative elements including new fabrics, curtains, and decorative lighting as well as a full refurbishment of the bathrooms with new hardware, finishings, and light fixtures.
- New Welcome Area & Reception: The reception area, which is the welcome center for all guests, will be undergoing a complete transformation into a spacious lounge area with green, teal and yellow tropical décor, wood furnishings and furniture that will transport guests to a tropical oasis upon arrival.
- Enhanced Dining Concepts: The main restaurant, Pays Mélés, will be redesigned into a new open-air layout with refreshed furniture, lighting, decorative pieces, and two private dining rooms overlooking the ocean. In addition to the main restaurant, the resort’s main bar, The Madou, will include a new outdoor terrace area as well as furnishings throughout the space to create a full seaside ambiance.
- Endless Adventure: In addition to the renovations, guests can still expect the same outdoor adventures making it the ideal destination for watersport enthusiasts with included activities like paddleboarding, waterskiing, kayaking, and windsurfing. Also, enjoy destination experiences like a tropical getaway in an off-road vehicle to explore Martinique’s rainforests and the banana and sugarcane plantations.
- Flexible Flight Access: In addition to the renovations, getting to Martinique is easier than ever as there are direct flights from N. America including Miami, allowing guests to arrive at the resort with ease.
Situated in the heart of the French Caribbean between paradise beaches and a tropical forest, Martinique invites travelers to discover a vibrant island rich in Creole history and culture, gastronomic delights influenced by French expertise, colorful festivals and a lively spirit of the local community.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.