Booking early brings rewards – 2-for-1 fares, free Premium or Economy airfare, and more.
HOLYWOOD, FL – “Over the past 37 years, we have always put the guest experience at the heart of everything we do, creating innovative experiences to make memories that last a lifetime,” offered Ken Muskat, Managing Director, Scenic Group USA. “We are delighted to be celebrating this exciting 10-year milestone with our guests, cruising through the beautiful Seine, Rhône and Saône rivers and the waterways of Bordeaux.”
As a leader in so many areas of luxury travel – whether land tours, river cruises or ocean sailings, Scenic has always set new standards for the industry, offering guests new innovations, new experiences and new opportunities. A short list of the innovations that have turned heads over the past 10 years includes:
Scenic Sun Lounge, 2012: Scenic was the first, and to date, only river cruise line to have Sun Lounges on the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers. The original walkout balconies (also a first in the industry back in 2008) were redesigned in 2012 to give guests more opportunities to enjoy picturesque views from the all-weather balcony. At the touch of a button, the upper half of a full wall glass window slides up and down, providing a wonderful choice for guests. Leave it and enjoy incredible views and a larger all-season cabin or lower it to bring the outdoors inside and enjoy the river breezes.
- Launched France River Cruising, 2013: The development of new guest experiences have always been a driving force and passion for Scenic. Scenic looked to France when it sought out new possibilities for their loyal guests. The South of France itinerary (the line’s first French offering) combined the exquisite local villages and romantic cities with the region’s amazing wines and foods paired – all available from a new Scenic Space-Ship. Scenic now has three Space-Ships based in France.
- Scenic Culinaire, 2017: Culinary has long been a centerpiece of many of the highlights of visits to France and Scenic has always made sure to incorporate its importance in its offerings. Scenic pioneered culinary river cruises bringing passion for cuisine on board. Scenic Culinaire is France’s only onboard cooking school using dedicated space to offer immersive courses in the culinary wonders of the Rhône, Saône and Bordeaux regions. Fresh ingredients are sourced from local markets and the cooking instructors introduce guests to regional recipes based on the itinerary regions.
- Scenic Salt Therapy Lounge, 2017: In 2017, Scenic became the first and continues to be the only river cruise operator to feature Salt Therapy Lounges on France’s waterways (and in 2018, added to the Space-Ships on the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers). The three-station salt lounge offers guests a non-invasive way to feel energized and healthier while relaxing. The humidity and temperature-controlled room is handcrafted from salt bricks and creates a micro-climate of a natural salt mine. Its three inclined lounging chairs are separated by light curtains for privacy, and low-level lighting and calming music promotes the natural relaxing effects of the salt. Guests are free to use the rooms as they wish, where the negatively-charged salt ions bear a very high kinetic energy and offer the same refreshing feeling that one might find when standing on a beach.
Scenic’s ultra-luxury experiences are designed to bring the very best in each region to guests. Exclusive Scenic Enrich offer once-in-a-lifetime activities including enchanting classical concerts at Avignon’s Palais des Papes or Bassins de Lumières, a contemporary art installation housed in a former WWII submarine base with a private after-hours access. Epicurean themed cruises showcase the finest regional produce from the best producers, whether visiting Grand Cru Classé wine estates and chateaus, or unveiling the secrets of Aquitaine’s prized truffle farm.
Showcasing the rich history of the region is something Scenic Journey Designer Janelle Maher is proud to have worked on, ahead of the 80th Anniversary of D-Day landings in 2024. “Paying our respects to those brave service men and women for the sacrifices they made is something I am particularly proud to share with our guests,” she states.
Booking early has rewards – besides the company’s popular 2-for-1 fare promotion (prices below reflect these savings). Guests can also enjoy free Premium Economy or free Economy airfare (or an air credit of up to $2,000 per couple) when full payment is made 10 months prior to departure or for bookings made within the 10 months, within 30 days of booking or 90 days prior to departure – whichever is soonest. All offers applicable on select river cruises and cabin categories.
Scenic’s French River Journeys:
- Bordeaux Affair – French river cruising has never been more elegant or refined than on a cruise through the beautiful Bordeaux region. Guests arriving in Bordeaux embark on a wonderful cruise through this spectacular region. Whether it is sampling Grand Cru Classé wines, delighting in a classical concert at Château d’Agassac or getting lost in the wonder of medieval villages, guests will have a full plate of possibilities from which to choose – all included. And guests sailing on the June 18, 2024 cruise will be joined by Top Chef alumnus and James Beard Award semi-finalist Chef Bryan Voltaggio. Chef Voltaggio will be mingling with guests, doing cooking demonstrations and will be cooking one of the voyage’s main meals.
- Beautiful Bordeaux – Bordeaux is famous for the incredible wines that are produced throughout its fertile countryside and this 11-day sojourn is sure to inspire. Cruising along the Gironde, Dordogne and Garonne rivers, guests visit Grand Cru Classé wine estates, cycle through picture-book landscapes, and try their hand at preparing French cuisine at Culinaire, Scenic’s on board cooking school. Beyond the culinary, the region serves up a wealth of historical landmarks, from elegant châteaux to churches that have been around for longer than most of the new world.
- Spectacular South of France – Exploring the South of France is a feast for the eyes, soul and appetite of guests. Cruising through Lyon, the gastronomic heart of Europe for 10 awe-inspiring nights, immerses guests in the acclaimed Burgundy wine region – whether it is the iconic scenes such as the Palais des Papes in Avignon, heading to Arles to see the sights Vincent Van Gogh so famously painted during his time there or tasting the exquisite wines from Côte de Beaune while surrounded by the unique architecture of a local wine estate. All of the guests’ senses should expect to be satiated.
- Idyllic Rhône – The wonderful Rhône Valley offers guests a multitude of experiences over an eight-day sailing while being educated about the region’s beauty, cuisine, and architecture. Commencing in Lyon the luxurious Scenic Space-Ship cruises past picturesque villages and beautiful towns and a land of resplendent castles and awe-inspiring cathedrals – as it makes its way to Tarascon.
- Highlights of Normandy & the Seine – 2024 marks 80 years since the D-Day Landings so a journey on the Seine River is an experience not soon forgotten – from the glittering lights of Paris to riverside villages that have remained relatively unchanged for centuries and the storied shores of Normandy, where the D-Day Landings changed the course of history. The eight-day journey takes guests to the places where the legendary figures of Joan of Arc, Richard the Lionheart and Claude Monet left their mark.
- Normandy & Gems of the Seine – This 11-day exploration digs a little deeper than its eight-day cousin. Guests step back into medieval times with a visit to Les Andelys, home to King Richard the Lionheart’s ruined castle; see where Joan of Arc spent her last days; and learn about both World Wars with visits to the Somme Battlefields and D-Day Beaches, paying respect to fallen heroes 80 years since the D-Day landings. These visits are balanced with meanders through storybook villages, sampling delicious French fare from cheese to calvados, and a final fling with Paris before returning home.
The 5-star Scenic Space-Ships offer all-inclusive luxury experiences – from private butler service and unlimited complimentary beverages and spirits including mini-bar re-stocked daily, to up to six on-board dining options and a wellness area and fitness center. And guests will never have to reach for the wallet or purse as everything (except a haircut or massage) is included: tips and gratuities, airport transfers, expert local guides, all Scenic Freechoice activities, and Scenic Enrich events which are exclusive to Scenic guests.
Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours has grown over its 37-year history to include award-winning river and ocean cruises and handcrafted land journeys that take guests to many of the world’s most fascinating destinations. Since 2008, Scenic has set the benchmark for truly all-inclusive, luxury five-star river cruises in Europe and Southeast Asia. In 2019, Scenic introduced Scenic Eclipse, The World’s First Discovery Yacht, a 228-guest ultra-luxury ship, and delivered a second yacht, Scenic Eclipse II, in April 2023. Scenic is part of Scenic Group, which includes Emerald Cruises, Mayflower Cruises & Tours and Evergreen Tours.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.