The 2nd Arab International E-Tourism & E-marketing Conference
Tourism and Marketing in the Age of Technology: Virtual and Real
The 2nd Arab International e Tourism and e Marketing Conference, December 14-18,2009 held at El Gouna-Red Sea, Egypt is an initiative organized by IOETI, the International Organization for the E-Tourism Industry in collaboration with the Ministry of Tourism in Egypt,the Egyptian Ministry of Administrative Development and the Egyptian Ministry of Communication, Arab Administrative Development Organization (League of Arab States) along with The Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE) and International Associations and organizations concerned with the E-Tourism and E-Marketing.
The inaugural Conference exceeded all expectations
- 320 participants,
- 60 persons from the local, Arab, and International media,
- Coverage via 12 local, Arab, and international satellite channels in the Middle East,
- Tourism ministers from Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and Yemen,
- Arabian and European representatives of tourism ministries,
- Leaders of Arab and international tourism and hotel organization,
- Travel agencies, travel and tour operators, hotel managers, marketing management companies and their representatives, international and global tourism websites owners,
- Google, and
- International tourism universities.
The Conference Activities are as follows:
- E-Tourism overview: history, foundations, economic impacts, legal issues, trends and challenges.
- Online advertising such as search engine advertising and search engine marketing.
- Facilitating online shopping such as payment and via mobile phones.
- E-Learning and specialized e tourism education.
- Geo-mapping and tourism.
- Advances in scientific research of E-Tourism.
- Latest technology and pitfalls of tourism and travel websites, such as social media and Web 2.0.
- Banks and Credit Cards payment online.
- E-Governments Case Studies.
- Shift Distribution Channels.
- The Strategic Route to e Business success
- Optimizing Press Releases
- Maintaining your reputation online in the age of web 2.0
- Search Engine Optimization
- Optimizing Press Releases
- Best Practices of email Marketing
- Everything Google
- Online Payment & Credit Management
- Arabic Search Engine Registration
- Banks and Credit Cards payment
- e Governments Case Studies
- Shift in distribution channels
- introduction to social networking
- Arabic Search Engine Registrations
3-JITT Scientific workshop
The Journal of Information Technology and Tourism Workshop is one day academic conference embedded within The 2nd Arab International E-Tourism & E-marketing Conference.
The boutique workshop focuses on applying Internet technologies in tourism and hospitality, particularly in developing countries. The Arab world and Africa have the advantage of learning from and leapfrogging developed areas in the management and implementation of Internet technologies in hospitality and tourism.
The conference format supports in-depth discussion and collaboration, with separate tracks in Arabic and English. As such, each session will include extended presentations (20 – 30 minutes) and time for further discussion. In addition, participants should receive the final papers prior to the conference in order to support informed discussions. Papers, in Arabic or English, are invited on e-Tourism in general and especially in Africa and the Arab world.
The Scientific workshop is sponsored by The Journal of Information Technology and Tourism (JITT) and more than 15 Universities and International and Arab Associations and organizations such as MODUL University Vienna, The MBI Al Jaber Foundation,and Faculty of Tourism & Hotels. Fayoum University, Egypt, Center of Marketing Excellence at Glion Institute of Higher Education and LRG University of Applied Sciences, and the University of Western Australia Centre for Muslim States and Societies.
4-IOETI Travel and Tourism Web Award (ITTWA).
The IOETI is organizing its first Travel and Tourism Web Award (ITTWA) that is held on this large scale for the first time in the Middle East area for the best Travel and Tourism Website in the Middle East region and the world for all individually owned or company owned or country owned websites.
Trophies and Prizes:
First Place Winners will receive the Golden Cup (plated), Golden IOETI Stamp to be placed on the winner’s website certifying a first place achievement, A Link on the IOETI’s Website to the winner’s website for marketing support plus a Financial Prize offered by our sponsors.
Second Place Winners will receive the Silver Cup (plated), Silver IOETI Stamp to be placed on the winner’s website certifying a second place achievement, A Link on the IOETI’s Website to the winner’s website for marketing support plus a Financial Prize offered by our sponsors.
Third Place Winners will receive the Bronze Cup (plated), Bronze IOETI Stamp to be placed on the winner’s website certifying a first place achievement, A Link on the IOETI’s Website to the winner’s website for marketing support plus a Financial Prize offered by our sponsors.
This Year’s conference includes over 20 International experts from all around the world. These experts will participate in the scientific sessions, workshops, discussions and networking events such as Professor Jamie Murphy, Professor Karl W. Wöber, Professor Thouraya Gherissi Labben, Dr. Daniel Fesenmaier and many more.
IOETI invites the world to attend and apply for the call for papers in the JITT workshop and to attend to benefit for all those working in the travel businesses, concerned individuals, corporations and governmental authorities and all individuals working in E-Marketing, E-Commerce, E-Business, Hotels, Airlines and Tourism also SEO or SEM to attend The 2nd Arab International E-Tourism & E-marketing Conference and discover new E-tourism technology. All participants will receive a certificate of attendance, endorsed by world-renowned Tourism organizations, The Egyptian Ministry of Administrative Development and The Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE).
- $1750 USD per Person in DBL Room
- $1850 USD Per person in SGL Room
- Early Bird Registration: $1350 USD (before 30.10.2009)
Visit us at http://ioeti.org/ioeticonference/index.php
Or Contact Dr. Hossam Darwish
+2 012 3293 909
+2 012 2899 862