Accor‘s Supervisory Board has just nominated the Management Board, for a term of three years, pursuant to the Company’s Articles of Incorporation…
Accor‘s Supervisory Board has just nominated the Management Board, for a term of three years, pursuant to the Company’s Articles of Incorporation. Except Sven Boinet about whom Accor had informed in September 2002 that he would be leaving upon expiry of his term of office, the members of the former Management Board have been reconfirmed.
Jean-Marc Espalioux has been reappointed Chairman of the Management Board and CEO. In this capacity he shall preside over the Management Board and coordinate its activity. He shall also be directly responsible for those activities and duties not expressly assigned to the members of the Management Board.
At the proposal of Jean-Marc Espalioux, the Supervisory Board made the following appointments:
- Benjamin Cohen has been appointed Executive Vice-Chairman of the Management Board, in charge of Finance and hotel development, Leisure, Tourism, Casinos and Brazil.
- John Du Monceau has been appointed Senior Vice-Chairman of the Management Board, in charge of Services, Human Resources and Sustainable Development. His responsibilities also include on-board train services of La Compagnie des Wagons-Lits.
- Andre Martinez has been appointed to the Management Board and shall be responsible for Economy Hotels in Europe. In the course of 2003, his duties shall be extended to include responsibility for Accor hotel operations in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Jean-Marc Espalioux, Benjamin Cohen and John Du Monceau were respectively Chairman of the Accor Management Board and Management Board members since January 1997. Prior to this appointment, Andre Martinez was Managing Director of Economy hotel operations.
Jean-Marc Espalioux also made the following appointments:
- Claude Moscheni was made Hotel Operations Advisor to the Chairman of the Management Board. He shall retain his current duties as General Manager Business and Leisure hotel operations, until the reorganization of European, African and Middle-East hotel operations described above.
- Serge Ragozin is the new Managing Director of Accor Hotel Global Services. He shall be responsible for marketing, sales, purchasing, construction, maintenance, the Internet, information technology and new technologies. He will report to the Chairman of the management Board.
- Jacques Stern, who was previously Deputy Chief Financial Officer, was appointed Group Chief Financial Officer and will report to Benjamin Cohen, Executive Vice-Chairman of the Management Board.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.