WASHINGTON, D.C. – The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) announced its 2018 Board of Directors which includes top industry leaders representing all segments of the industry.
Notably, Dave Johnson, American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation (AHLEF) Chair and President and CEO of Aimbridge Hospitality joins the current 2018 Officer slate, which includes: Chair, Mark Carrier, President of the B.F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, Vice Chair Geoff Ballotti, President and CEO of Wyndham Hotel Group, Secretary and Treasurer Jon Bortz, Chairman, President & CEO of Pebblebrook Hotel Trust, and Jim Abrahamson, who continues to serve as Immediate Past Chair.
Several new industry leaders will also be joining the 2018 Board of Directors. The AHLA Board represents leaders from all sectors of the lodging industry, including brands, owners and REITS, management companies, independents, and state associations.
“I look forward to working together with our officers and incoming Board members, both current and new, to build upon the foundation of the last several years which has seen growing membership engagement, a more financially sound association and a dynamic team to achieve even greater success,” said AHLA Chairman Mark Carrier. “AHLA works to underscore the industry’s tremendous stories of opportunity, growth, innovation and success. Our Board represents the diversity of the entire industry, and both new and returning board members provide critical insight and guidance that will contribute to new success this year.”
“We are excited for the year ahead and all the depth of experience that our board brings to the table and in setting a strong, aggressive agenda,” said Katherine Lugar, president and CEO of AHLA. “We are so grateful to our Officers and all the Board members who volunteer their time and energy to ensure that our organization is on a path for success that will bring the industry renewed visibility and one unified voice both in and outside Washington, D.C.”
Additions to the Board of Directors for 2018 are as follows:
- Ken Greene, President of the Americas, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
- Peter Sears, Group President, Americas, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Kevin Frid, Chief Operating Officer, North and Central America, AccorHotels
- Alex Tisch, EVP of Commercial and Business Development, Loews Hotels & Co
Management Company Representatives:
- Chris Manley, COO, Stonebridge Companies
- Greg Juceam, CEO, BRE Hotels & Resorts
- Rob Kline, CEO & Co-Founder, The Chartres Lodging Group, LLC
- Vera Manoukian, President & COO, Denihan Hospitality
- John Campbell, General Manager, La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
Partner State Association Representatives:
- Eric Terry, President & CEO, Virginia Restaurant, Lodging, and Travel Association
- Jagruti Panwala, President & CEO, Wealth Protection Strategies