FRAMINGHAM, MA – The Travel Institute announces its early 2022 webinar lineup offering complimentary agent training on important industry topics from growing your business to best-practice communications and marketing, tax-saving strategies, selling key leisure destinations and more.
“There’s something for everyone,” shared Carla Smith, CTA, director of membership for The Travel Institute, who oversees the non-profit’s Professional Educators Program, or PEP, from which webinar speakers are regularly sourced. “Our 2022 webinars are knowledge-packed with thought leaders sharing insight on timely topics and the singular focus of helping agents have greater success. Agents will leave these sessions smarter, more capable and with increased motivation to help them do things differently -and better- behind their desk and in front of their clients,” Smith said.
The Travel Institute’s early 2022 webinar lineup includes:
- Grow Your Travel Business by Design: January 27, 11:30 am EST Hosted by author, motivational speaker and personal business coach Mike Marchev, CTC, this session introduces a proven set of steps for growth, bringing your business to life with higher profits and greater personal satisfaction. In addition to nearly two dozen sales and marketing ideas, you will be introduced to a number of business-building tips, a proven twelve-word marketing strategy, and a four-word sales philosophy that will clearly differentiate you from your peers with measurable improvements in your business. Time permitting, Mike will also take questions.
- An Inside Look at the IRS and Tax Saving Strategies: February 1, 2 pm EST Back by popular demand, IRS problem solvers Phil Liberatore, CPA, and David Maracine, CPA, share little-known IRS tax rules and specific ways you can save on your income taxes. Are you an independent contractor? Do you work from home? Do you run a small business? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you will benefit from attending this session.
- 3 Factors that Influence Someone Opening Your Email: February 15, 1 pm EST Dana Zificsak, CTIE, founder, TA Sales Lab and Guts, Grit, Goals LLC, says agents who apply three easy tips will watch their email open rates climb in 2022. Join Dana and learn how to: write your email subject line so it draws attention using top-performing words, avoid being marked as spam, and get people to start reading your content in preview before even opening the email. Wrapping up with Q&A, you will walk away able to inspire traveler bookings instead of the “delete” button!
- Increase Your Digital Footprint, Find New Leads and Increase Marketing Success: February 24, 1 pm EST You already have a website, a Facebook page and even an email marketing list, but how do you make it all most effective? How do you turn simple “likes” into paying clients? Join Andy Ogg, CTIE, co-owner of websites: Travel Professional News, Find a Host Travel Agency, and Home Based Travel Agent, to discuss top tips for digital marketing and unlock the power in digital marketing for your travel business.
- Antarctica: Explore the Options: March 6, 1 pm EST Join Jennifer Reynolds, CTIE, world traveler and long-time supporter of The Travel Institute, for a fun and fascinating journey to the frozen continent of Antarctica, an increasingly popular destination. This “big picture” presentation will cover why your travelers should visit the continent and who else is going. Take a look at itineraries and types of ships - and most importantly - a typical day of landings, zodiac trips, kayaking and penguins. Lots and lots of penguins! After this session, you will have a good understanding of this magnificent destination as well as the opportunities that exist when presenting and selling Antarctica.
- Italy and the Intangible Value of Using a DMC: March 29, 11am EST Italy has consistently been a top luxury travel destination and is currently on track to be in even greater demand in 2022. Join Andrea Grisdale, chief executive officer, IC Bellagio, to understand why working with a destination management company, or DMC, for travel to Italy is critical to your success. Today, more than ever, working with a DMC is fundamental to maximizing your clients’ return on investment while also providing the 24/7 service that ensures you are a star in the eyes of your clients.
- Cover Your Assets... Before You’re Sued: April 7, noon EST It’s every advisor’s worst nightmare: getting sued despite doing everything right! Join Michele Cartwright, CTA, ACC, VTA, president and owner, Destinations by Design, LLC, as she shares insight from her own legal adventures. Michele will discuss building an agency with a strong foundation, including exploring business structures, properly implementing authorizations and waivers, documenting everything, and more. This is the perfect webinar for the new advisor AND the experienced advisor in need of a business tune up.
- A Master Class on Making FAM Trips Work: April 27, 1 pm EST You are packed and ready to go. You have your FAM itinerary but notice it is quite different from a vacation itinerary and, instead, is potentially a useful tool in growing your travel business. Join Anne Smith, CTIE, ECC, owner, Travel and Events Extraordinaire, LLC, and master FAM trips that work. How do you prep technology to maximize your onsite time, uploads, and immediate marketing efforts? Where did you put that business card? Who is the contact for which property? How do you keep track of all the details on the go? Organization is key, APPSsolutely! Anticipate specific client interest and intentionally focus your sales efforts. Come learn Anne’s tips and put FAM trips to work for your travel business.
The Travel Institute’s Professional Educators Program roster includes trainers, educators, and speakers from both inside and outside the travel industry. Established in 2011, PEP is a collection of thought leaders who share their expertise with agents ongoing via webinars, white papers, newsletters, blogs, e-books and more. The Travel Institute’s certified graduates earn two continuing education units, or CEUs, toward annual ongoing education requirements for webinar attendance.