The Awards program was created in 2000 to recognize and show appreciation to the travel professionals and media who have worked hard promoting and selling Tanzania in the US market, as well as to provide an incentive to increase the numbers even more in the coming years.
NEW YORK, NY – Tanzania Tourist Board (TTB) announced the 2013 winners of the annual TTB Tourism awards. Hon. Amb. Khamis Kagasheki, Minister of Natural Resources and Tourism joined by Hon. Amb. Liberata Mulamula, Tanzania Ambassador to the United States presented awards to three of the honorees at the Africa Travel Association (ATA) eighth annual Presidential Forum held at New York University.
The three honorees who received the TTB Award in New York were:
Elite Traveler Magazine received the Tanzania Tourist Board Luxury Travel Media Award for extensive coverage of Tanzania including the Serengeti Migration being named as one of the top African safaris. Tova Syrowicz, Travel Editor, accepted on behalf of Elite Traveler Magazine.
African Travel, Inc. received the Tanzania Tourist Board Tour Operator Southern/ Western Circuit Award in recognition of their stand-alone safaris to the Southern/Western circuit of Tanzania which include many of Tanzania’s hidden gems such as Katavi and Ruaha National Park. David Schwenk, Sales Manager for North East, accepted on behalf of African Travel, Inc.
Africa Adventure Consultants, a Colorado-based tour operator, won the Tanzania Tourist Board Tour Operator Product Development Award in recognition of offering 34 Tanzania-only itineraries, including the “In Livingstone’s Footsteps” series; representing a 36% increase from 2012. Kent Redding, President, accepted on behalf of Africa Adventure Consultants.
The Awards program was created in 2000 to recognize and show appreciation to the travel professionals and media who have worked hard promoting and selling Tanzania in the US market, as well as to provide an incentive to increase the numbers even more in the coming years. TTB selected the Annual Africa Travel Presidential Forum to present the awards to show support for ATA’s ever expanding global reach in promoting tourism to the Continent of Africa.
Full List of Tanzania Tourist Board Award Winners 2013
- Business Travel Media Award- Premier Traveler Magazine
- Luxury Travel Media Award- Elite Traveler Magazine
- Tour Operator Southern/ Western Circuit Award- African Travel, Inc.
- Tour Operator Product Development Award- Infinite Safari Adventures
- Tour Operator Product Development Award- Africa Adventure Consultants
- Supporting Local Airline Award- Precision Air
- Hotels/Lodges/Camp Sustainable Tourism Award- andBeyond
- Supporting International Airline Award- Qatar Airways
- Tour Operator Humanitarian Award- African Environments
- Tour Operator Southern/ Western Circuit Award- Foxes Safari Camps
- Supporting Local Charter Company Award- Coastal Aviation
- Lodges Tourism Promotion Award- Serena Hotels
- Hotels Tourism Promotion Award- Southern Sun Hotels
- Journalist Award- Apolinario Tairo
- Blog Award- Tembea Tanzania
- Supporting Local Media House Award- Channel 10
Photo caption (from Left to right): Hon. Amb. Liberata Mulamula, Tanzania Ambassador to the United States; Kent Redding, President, Africa Adventure Consultants; and Hon. Amb. Khamis Kagasheki, Tanzania Minister of Natural Resources and Tourism.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.