Extended stay reimagined – Starwood Hotels & Resorts' first Canadian Element offers eco-centric sensibilities.
STAMFORD, CONN. – The opening of Element Vaughan Southwest has introduced the first international hotel within Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.‘s eco-wise Element portfolio. Built green from the ground up, Canada’s premier Element hotel is a trailblazing all-suite, 152-room extended stay enclave in Vaughan, Ontario, offering easy access between Pearson International Airport and downtown Toronto.
“Vaughan is one of the country’s fastest growing cities with a strong emphasis on sustaining the environment, which made it a natural choice for Element’s first foray into Canada,” said Brian McGuinness, Senior Vice President of Specialty Select Brands for Starwood. “Whether staying for a few days or a few weeks, Element Vaughan Southwest offers business and leisure travelers a unique setting to thrive, conveniently located next to numerous businesses and attractions.”
Philippe Gadbois, Senior Vice President, Operations for Atlific Hotels added, “Element is an exceptional brand for a new generation of traveler, and we are happy to build upon our relationship with Starwood to bring this unique extended stay concept to Canada for the first time.” Atlific manages Element Vaughan Southwest as well as other properties within Starwood’s Canadian portfolio including Le Westin Montreal, Sheraton Red Deer Hotel in Alberta and Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa.
Element is the first major hotel brand to mandate that all properties pursue the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for high-performance buildings. It’s recognized as an industry leader in the eco-space, and offers travelers a fresh, reimagined interpretation of the extended stay hotel experience. Every aspect of the brand is designed to fuel a life in balance and on the move. Element Vaughan Southwest features all of the brand’s signatures, including:
- Inviting common areas for work or play, flooded with natural light thanks to 16-foot windows. A patio with self-serve grills, outdoor seating and loungers serves as an open-air extension of the lobby.
- Light-filled suites with a fluid design, signature Heavenly® Bed, 42″ flat-screen television, large desk with open shelving and ergonomic chair. Suites are smoke-free and offer recycling bins, environmentally-friendly “do not disturb” door magnets, recycled tire flooring and mountings for art and soy-based fabrics. Complimentary amenities for four-legged travel companions are also available in specially appointed pet-friendly suites.
- Spa-inspired bathrooms with an invigorating rain-shower, dual-flush toilet and low-flow faucets and fixtures.
- Fully equipped en-suite gourmet kitchens featuring filtered water, energy efficient appliances and cooking utensils to prepare meals (with ready-to-cook and grab-and-go goods available at RESTORE, a 24-hour food pantry in the lobby).
- MOTION, a 24-hour fitness center, featuring Life Fitness cardio machines, strength training equipment and Element’s signature “pedal-powered” stationary bike charging station, which powers-up personal electronic devices while guests exercise. Element’s indoor all-natural saltwater pool and complimentary bikes-to-borrow further propel travelers to maintain their healthy lifestyle in Vaughan.
- 3,500 square feet of meeting space with modular furnishings, flexible layout and state-of-the-art technology designed for both intimate groups and larger receptions of up to 150 attendees. Element guests can also stay connected thanks to RESOURCE, a 24-hour complimentary business center equipped with computers, printer and fax machine. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel.
- Delicious food thanks to RISE, Element’s healthy and complimentary daily breakfast as well as RELAX, its Monday-Thursday complimentary evening receptions. After hours, mobile Salon Bars are stocked with premium wines and beers as well as soft drinks and snacks, inviting guests to linger in Element Vaughan Southwest’s spacious lobby.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.