The programme “THE DIGITAL GATE IV: The Airport Innovation Challenge” is organized for the 4 th time by the Athens International Airport with the scientific support of the Athens Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (ACEin) of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), aiming to identify the best solutions and applications for new digital services and business activities, with a possibility of real airport environment implementation.
Giving this year as well the opportunity to young people to develop skills in designing and developing innovative services, the Athens Airport competition aims to encourage digital innovation and Greek entrepreneurship in the fields of aviation and tourism.
The programme is looking for young talented people, scientists, students, researchers, PhD candidates with a strong technological - and not only - background who are interested in joining a new team and deal with significant challenges of the airport community, developing new ideas and proposals and leveraging cutting-edge technologies.
The Challenges of the Programme:
- Airport Operations and Processing
- Passenger Experience
- Retail Management
- Airport Security and Crisis Management
- Green Airport and Energy Saving
- Modernization, Smart Airport, Big Data and Digital Technology Innovation
Why to Participate
The participants can have access to:
- Support from AIA for the implementation of the prototype of your service with theparticipation of specialized industry experts and mentors.
- Coaching services by the ACEin AUEB for the further development of innovative business models.
- Grant to implement their prototype (MVP) at the airport facilities.
The deadline for “THE DIGITAL GATE IV: The Airport Innovation Challenge” is June 15th, 2022. The participation is open and free of charge.